тнiгту: saving you

third person.

Severus was sitting in Dumbledore's classroom arguing with him, Albus persistently trying to convince him to go underwater and essentially drown if Y/n can't manage to save him in time. "Your one of the only valuable things that we are in contact with Severu-"

"I will not do this, not in my free will". He exaggerated whining. "You will not die". Albus charismatically implied. "Absolutely not, I will not die because I won't be doing it". Severus fought. "Do you care about her?" Albus said, a small knowing smile. "Yes-no- yes yes- no! no, I am not being tricked!" He threw his arms up in annoyance and glared off into the distance. "Alright alright, I understand, here have a drink, but just know, your missing out on an opportunity". Albus mumbled and handed the professor a chalice of a red liquid. "Yes yes, whatever you say headmaster". He rolled his eyes and put the cup to his lips, Albus watching closely and happily. "What're you smirking about?" He asked, a slight shred of irritability. He took a drink, immediately almost falling over, toppling onto a desk, his eyes becoming heavy. "N-no.. I- refuse". Severus strained, passing out onto the floor.

y/n's view/your view.

I was wearing a conforming swim suit, similar to the other champions. Of corse with my house colors. Hermione even gave me a pin to go with it, a small S for slytherin. She was like a mom proud to watch her daughter play soccer. I looked around as we all headed to the docks, closely following behind Harry. Where was Severus? He'd said he would be here for me when I had to go into the water. I took a seat and looked at the cold water. It was quite a gloomy day. "Hey have you seen Hermione or Ron?" Harry asked sitting by me. "No, have you seen Professor Snape anywhere?" I asked him, he nodded no. "Why do you hang around hat bat anyway?" He asked me. "Because he's not as sour as he seems". I replied and crossed my arms. He gave me a curious look. "So what is this task anyway?" I continued on changing the subject. "We have to go underwater for an hour and retrieve something that was stolen from us, something dear to us". Harry explained. I pondered. "For an hour?" I questioned. "How will we breath?" I asked. "Well Neville gave me this plant to eat, unfortunately I don't have any spares". He trailed off. Was that what that rock was for? I took it out from my pocket. "Oh, how clever". I mumbled.

I heard Dumbledore's voice beginning to speak up, a microphone and some people cheered. I looked around curiously but I still saw no sign of Severus. I took the candy rock in my mouth and tries to chew but it was rock hard, ew! It tasted gross, did he actually give me a frigging rock? I hesitantly swallowed it, thinking, I must trust him. I started to feel myself choke, my breathing- It felt like I was breathing water, I had no- oxygen? I blurred everything out, Harry started choking too, but he was abruptly pushed in by Mad Eye Moody. What the? I held my throat and saw the others had gone in too, frack! We're starting now? This better work! I jumped in and I immediately felt better, the water, I could breath it. But I had no gills, whom I watched harry in fear as he grew gills, and webbed hands and feet. I must've been given a reverse charm of some sort. When I find Severus i'm going to complain about how he made me eat a real damn rock. But first, let's find whatever i'm missing, or what was stolen from me. I looked around, it was beautiful in this lake. But i've heard talks of Mur People in here. I began swimming towards long grown kelp and continued to endlessly search. I stayed low the the ground, seeing a Fleur Decalour in the distance swimming around, she looked troubled. Oh well. I turned another way, continuing on looking, what was I even missing? I could hear strange voices, they were unintelligible. Was it a different language? That's when I watched as what looked like demented mermaids swam by, gesturing for me to follow. I looked side to side and hesitantly followed after them. They continued to talk with each other, even singing, it was beautiful. But I needed to focus.

twenty minutes in.

It felt as if they'd been leading me nowhere! I'd follow and follow but we would never stop and I was starting to get tired-