fouгтутшо: a firm slap

I had just gotten back to Hogwart's, and I was ducking my way threw the halls. Keeping my head down and unnoticeable. I wasn't looking forward to being interrogated today, especially NOT about my boyfriend. Thanks, but no thanks.

Oh yes Cassidy, my boyfriend is much older than me, oh yes, did I mention, he's our beloved potions master?

I scoffed at what she might say, what anyone would say. Where was he anyway? He wasn't in his classroom, and he wasn't in the Great Hall where everyone else was, because it was dinner. He was nowhere as far as I knew. And I most likely couldn't go down to his quarters, I mean, Miss Umbridge was sure to be down there. Stupid Troll. Maybe I'd wait for him in the Library.

Makin' my way down town, walking fast, faces past, and i'm-

I mentally slapped myself. What was wrong with me? To think I'm gonna have to spend the rest of my life with myself. I peeked my head into the library, which seemed for the most part empty. Well, i'm sure I'll find something else to do in the meantime. While I wait for my future husband, or knight in shining armor. Whichever seems most fitting. "Oh hey Y/n". Neville said coming out from a bookcase in front of me. "Oh hey Neville". I smiled. "Aren't you going to the Great Hall?" He asked curiously. "I'm afraid I'm not hungry, and... guess who made the teaaaam?" He said exaggerating my shoulders. His eyes lit up and he dropped the books he was holding in surprise. Ok don't freak out Neville.

"That's so amazing!" He complimented, his books floating themselves away and putting themselves back. "I'll have to go to every game now, cause we're like.. friends". He said making me falter. I nervously laughed. "Yeah... we are, I mean friends don't always have to go to other friends games". I chuckled, he shrugged, running a hand threw his brunette hair. "Well anyhow, I'll be cheering you on, but I must go help Luna, she's lost all her shoes, she suspects the Nargles". He said with a nod, before leaving me to it. I relaxed my shoulders.

"Hey! I was wondering-" Neville came back to me. "-If you maybe wanted to be partners again tomorrow in potions?" He inquiried, seemingly nervous and unsure. Staring at me expectantly. "Uhhh-"

"Longbottom, I find that you are bothering L/n, from her studies. And for that, I take 10 points from Gryffindor". Neville and I both turned around to find Professor cutie- I mean Snape staring at the both of us. I grinned silently. "Now, go back to wherever you came from". Neville left without another word. He seemed terrified, I wasn't sure why. That was a bit harsh. Just a tad bit. A smidge bit.

I grinned up at the professor. "Nice to see you too Professor Snape".

"You're not busy are you? I did overhear a few girls requiring you're presence". He said looking around curiously. "Not at all! Im actually avoiding... Nevermind that, why?" I continued looking up at him. "I was hoping to steal you away to my classroom". He sent a small smile. "Then professor, I say, steal me". I offered generously.

He then began to gesture me along, to follow his steps. I let him walk me out into the hall, wondering what we were going to do next.

"HEY! Cass there she is!" I tensed up, feeling eyes on me. A hoard of girls rushing towards us until Severus stepped out in front of me. "She has detention. With me". He hissed, they stopped in their tracks. Cassidy sighed about to run away with the others when she stopped them and stood in front of them all. "Why does she always have detention with you? What'd she ever do to you?" Cassidy glared at the man proudly. He gawked at her in surprise. So did I, I never expected her to stand up like this. Especially not to him.

"All you ever do is give her detention! Do you hate her something? You pick on her in class, you constantly follow her around like a stalker, and I always see you two around each other!" She hissed at him, this was not going to be good.

He began to tower over her, puffing his chest out a bit, and glaring at her with such loathing eyes. He looked murderous if I say so myself.

"Has it ever crossed you're pathetic mind that Y/n L/n does not want to be around you? She in fact hates talking about boys, and that's what she says, that's all you girls ever talk about. You should rethink, that maybe, she wants to be around someone as diligent and intelligent as herself. She wants, to be. with. me". He seethed down at her, his tone becoming more and more hateful, more and more venomous by each second. I could see tears swell up in her yellow eyes which flickered over to me. "Is that true?" She said, her tone tainted, becoming low and cracky. I gulped unsure what to say. "It is". Snape said before I could and stepped out in front of me, shielding me from there view. "Fine". I heard her whisper out, sounding as if she was about to cry. I peeked my head out form behind him, seeing her run away. "Cassidy wait!" I called, but she didn't listen. The other girls sent me a few glares, before running after her.

"Why'd you do that Severus??" I huffed and shook him violently. "Do what?" He drawled, rolling his eyes, pushing my hands off him. "Make her cry! She thinks I hate her now!" I panicked. "What's it matter to you?" He asked furrowing his brow. "She's my friend!" I cried, as if it were obvious. He scoffed, looking away from me. Refusing to look at me, or respond.

Wait a minute. I let out a angry laugh, staring up at him. "You're jealous!" I scoffed taking a step away from him. He then sent me a glare. "I am not".

"Whether you were or you weren't, you can't just end my friendships for me!" I argued. "Why not?"

My eyes widened, what the fuck type of question was that? I huffed with a surprised glare. "Because you don't own me!" I began to walk away when he pulled me back by my wrist. I snapped. I turned to face him and slapped him, slipping my wrist out of his grip. He held his cheek where I'd firmly hit and slowly turned his head to look at me. These strong puppy eyes, filled with despair. I sighed. "Don't look at me like that". I said. "You hit me". He stated. "You just ended my best friendship!" I argued. "Your best? What about me!"

"WHAT ABOUT YOU?! You boys are all the same!" I scoffed and rubbed my wrist where he'd grabbed me from before. "Just.. I want to be alone". I nodded no and walked away from me. "No! Get back here!" I heard him order as I continued to walk away. I rolled my eyes, dismissing his cries of order and demands. I mean, I was absolutely pissed at him, it wasn't okay for him to do that. I still loved him. But it felt like he didn't know the right from wrong sometimes. I sighed, kicking at invisible objects, stuffing my fingers in my robes pockets. I wondered what was going to happen next. What did I just do? Wait a minute..

No, absolutely not Y/n, this wasn't your fault. I thought to myself. Well, we'd have to wait to know what's going to happen.