seveп: tears

This chapter is a bit long so might want to clear some time.

During the first quidditch match of the year, I was sitting on a student filled Slytherin tower, dozing off into space. Remembering Draco saying later this evening he wanted to sign up for Quidditch, and get his father to give him a place as seeker. I wasn't watching anything at all really, besides my Professor. I found myself staring at him, watching his expressions to what was going on, almost studying him. He'd look bored, to annoyed, to nothing.

Gah! After realizing how creepy this was I fiddled my hands together and looked away from him. If he were to have caught me staring..

"Y/N have you been listening to me?" I was elbowed abruptly breaking my trance of thought. "Sorry what?" I asked, looking to my left, seeing Draco rolling his eyes and sighing.

"Honestly do you ever listen to me? I was asking where were you yesterday? Just before past time I'd been looking for you". Draco asked. "I was in the Alchemists tower. I didn't wanna seem bothersome". I shrugged to him. "Yeah? Well guess what I got you". He reached into his robe's and pulled out a small familiar thick book. "I saw Snape rush out of the library yesterday and took the chance to get it for you while he was distracted". Draco stated and smiled at me, it was the Victorian Flower Language book! "You didn't! Oh my gosh thank you". I gasped and felt around the cover of the book and proceeded to hug Draco. He hugged me back, and tight.

"Look at Potter! He fell!" Before I could thank him any further I was abruptly pushed away and met with Draco laughing at something that happened during the Quidditch game. I didn't bother to care, I won't even bat an eye. Not for the sakes of Potter, Weasley or Granger. I safely tucked the book in my robe and held it there for good measure. What was it Snape said last year? 'Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?'

Ah yes that was it. I impatiently waited for the rest of this game to just be over. I had to get to a secluded area and figure this out.

"Gryffindor wins the match!"

I rushed down the tower avoiding contact with anyone, so I didn't have to get into any long interactions and I can just do what I want.

When I got back to the school and all the students were filling in, I almost dropped the book. That would've left me in devastation if someone snatched it right away from me. I could hear Hermione calling behind me as I walked past everyone, ignoring her. I kept taking turns trying to get away from her and make sure she lost me.

Just a bit further and she'll finally quit, I know it. I took one more turn and swiftly- bumped into someone making the Victorian Flower Book fall from my robes, and resulting in me falling back. The collision with the ground was enough pain as is, but what about when I saw it was Snape who I'd ran into. Now the realization was worse. Why must this happen..

Snape began to bend down, I assumed he was going to help me up so I extended my hand up for him but he only ignored it and reached beside me for the Book standing back up. I sighed and got back on my feet. "How..". Snape sighed and went on, "Why is this in your possession L/N?" He interrogated. I bit my tongue thinking of a good lie. "Trying to figure out something Neville said once, the bloke wants me to figure it out". I lied charismatically. He tucked the book under his arm and held his hands together. "L/N, we mustn't tell lies now should we?" He rhetorically asked and bent down in my face giving me a sharp glare, his gaze could be piercing. I hitched my breath biting my tongue harder. "Do not, sneak around. I thought I taught you by now". He seethed at me, people starting to stare. I felt myself slightly shaking, not from fear, but because he was so close. I didn't know what he was going to do. Take away house points? More detention? Cleaning duty? Kiss me? Wait kiss me? My face turned red and I sunk down taking a few steps back. I looked like I had just witnessed the devil, I felt suddenly woozy. "Uh... I-I, um.. understood sir". I stuttered our pathetically, shaking slightly. With that I turned around and pushed threw everybody, I needed to get away. Oh god what just happened to me? I've never froze up like that! Not once!