еleveл: petrified

It'd been a week or so, Christmas passed and I had given Severus a Butterfly Potion; a butterfly potion is for comfort, when you open it your favorite color will seep out into the air like smoke, and turn into something that has always comforted your mind, something nice, shaping itself into a person or type of food, whatever it is that makes you happy. It has three durability so I hope he uses them well, in return he gave me a necklace with lace that wrapped around the neck like a choker. It was pretty and I wore it about everyday after he gave it to me. Draco was curious about who had given it to me but I never answered, he always wanted to know everything. I sighed as it was towards the end of lunch, I just hung around with Draco in a random lounge room with our small in between class free time. Draco had given me a family ring for christmas, well he said all the Malfoy's have one and he considered me family. I gave him the other half of a bestfriend necklace. He wore it tucked under his coat..

"Draco your ashamed of me as a friend". I teased just joking, to make him feel bad playfully. "N-no! It's just I don't want people going around saying we like each other". Draco shuddered making me laugh. "I'm only teasing". I said understandingly. His face reddened and we left it at that, he was so silly.

"So.. Y/n..". Draco said, I could hear suspicion in his tone. I looked at him directly hoping It wasn't something I would have to lie about, I hated lying.

"Everyday after lessons you vanish.. What's that all about? I never see you anymore". Draco asked, with a lace of concern and sadness. It made my heart drop a little, I haven't been hanging out with him at all..

I suppose I'd have no reason to lie about this. "I'm in training, with Sever-... ahem, Professor Snape". I said honestly, I wasn't sure about using his first name in front of others. "Training? For what? And with.. with Snape?" Draco had a look of disgust on his face, which actually made me feel aggravated. "Training for.. fun, he knows many things. He's a nice professor". I mumbled and crossed my arms, defensively. "He's a prick". Draco said bluntly. I resisted the urge to scream at him, I don't know why I felt so offended. "He is not". I stated tilting my head at Draco, who furrowed his brow at me. "What? You fancy him'?" Draco started to smile and I only gasped at him stuttering out syllables, suddenly struck with confusion and defensiveness. "Uh... ah... I-.. w.. wa.. No!" I shouted and slapped his arm, him tilting his head back in laughter. "Shut up, Granger Lover". I spat back and he stopped laughing, giving me the same offended confused look. We both ended laughing about it.

time skip.

"Sectim Sumpra!" I shouted and waved my wand directing it at Severus; Severus waiting with a ward blocking spell ready to strike back. A few moments and nothing came spewing out of my wand, failing miserably. Severus sighed. "Sect-um. Sem-Prah". Severus enunciated the syllables putting his wand down and giving a small heartaching smile of amusement. I set my wand down and crossed my arms pouting sitting down by Severus's desk. "I can't do it!" I groaned. "You must understand Y/n, these spells are very complex, once you finally get it, it'll come more fluently". He assured me and gestures up. "Don't make a fuss come now, get up". He said, it wasn't a question. I refused to get up and sighed tilting my head at him. "Am I even magic? I'm.. so stupid". I muttered flicking my nail at nothing and looked at the ground. I heard him huff and sit by me, pulling a chair from a nearby desk. "Don't even say that, you're quite excellent. I've seen you in action during Defense Against The Dark Arts". He added, making me smile. I've noticed when you hang around Severus on the daily, and get to know him, the tall dark aura, black brooding clothes, and intimidating look slowly washes away. Although I've never seen anyone else really make him smile.

The next couple of hours we just trained and trained, I decided to work harder, to my success I got mostly everything right for once, besides Sectum Sempra. I've never gotten this one, not yet. Severus assured me constantly that I would eventually get it.