fifтуfouг: quality time

~
I awoke with what sounded like a hushed tone, and someone lightly tapping my shoulder gently. I fluttered my eyes open tiredly and fell to my back turning to see whom it was awakening me. It was Remus. For a werewolf he was very gentle, perhaps i misjudged their kind a bit.
He smiled as soon as he saw I was awake. "I made breakfast, let's get you up". He said in a hushed tone. I nodded and let a smile creep onto my face and I moved the hair out of my face. "Alright". I held a smile and I sat up. He held open the bedroom door for me as I climbed out of the bed, immediately shivering. "Wow it's cold". I mumbled. "Well warm tea's awaiting you downstairs, let's go". He nodded at the direction towards the stairs and I went in front, walking down them. He followed behind me as I rubbed my arms in attempt to warm them up. "Dumbledore reported to me about you last night, after you fell asleep that is". Remus began with a topic of conversation. "Oh?" I said encouraging him curiously, as we got to the last floor and I could smell eggs and I think Bacon. "He told me you should stay here for a few days before returning to Hogwart's, he'd excuse your absence's for you".
I tilted my head at Remus as he walked in front of me suddenly. "What, why?" I furrowed my brow, I mean I wasn't eager to return but I would like to know why not? "He said that it would be for the best, something about taking a break?" Remus shrugged and sauntered into the kitchen as i followed behind closely. Maybe he could ... did he know about the fight with Severus? Perhaps not... I wonder why he'd think I needed a break.
Remus opened up a cabinet in the kitchen and reached up to the top shelf for me, pulling down a plate and handing it to me. "Foods over there". He smiled and I nodded thankfully. "It smells so good in here". I commented and walked over to the stove to collect myself a plate of steamy breakfast. While Remus was grabbing himself a plate a sudden knock at the door was heard. "I'll get that, wait here". I shrugged it off and continued to make myself a plate, but I suddenly let myself become quiet and Remus opened the door from the other room. I was nosy, okay? "Ah, Severus, what're you doing here?" I froze and suddenly gripped the plate in my hand. I had shuffled a bit more food on my plate and quietly made my way to a small lounge, taking a seat in a sofa, hoping I could listen in on their conversation. "I'm apart of the order too you know". I heard his voice drawl. He sounded harsh. I bit my lip in hopes he wasn't going to stay for long. Or even see me. "Well are you here for something specifi—-"
"Out of my way".
I could see from the nearby corridor where the entrance was Remus slightly being shoved and Severus coming inside on his own accord. He looked around and from the doorway he finally looked at my seated self, a mouth full of scrambled eggs, and I froze as we made eye contact.
"Y/n". His shoulders dropped in what looked like relief. "Severus". I replied coolly, while finally focusing back on my food quietly. "Never run out on me again". He finally said, staring down at me. He looked as if he was trying to hold authority over me. "Just because Dumbledore said I should follow everything you say, does not mean I will". I mumbled just loud enough for Severus to hear. Remus came in whilst adjusting his same coat and looked at the situation. "We must go back to Hogwart's". Severus pleaded, I looked up at him suddenly not wanting to go.
Remus stepped up with what looked like confidence. "She's staying". He stated calmly, and Severus slowly turned his head, his eyes narrowing into slits. "On who's orders? Yours? Lupin?" He said his last name as if it was a disgrace to the wizarding world, saying it like it was the worst thing, or something to look down upon. Almost using his name as an insult. It made me infuriated. "Dumbledore's actually. He said she needed a break". Remus replied and without another thought he grabbed his plate and continued to grab himself some food from the stove. I couldn't look at the hurt in Severus's eyes as those words left his lips. Or whatever it was in his black eyes, it's been hard to tell what's in his eyes as of lately. "I see. Well. Y/n, seeing as you'll be here, I don't think you'll be needing your wand until you get back. I'll hold onto it". Severus said with a smug sort of accent. My brow furrowed but before I could try and deny against that and try to pry my wand back Remus held up a finger and took a seat next to me with his food. "She will, I was planning to take her out and teach her a special spell. So if you'd give that back to her?" Remus just smiled as if nothing was wrong, disregarding the high tension in the room. Severus glared, before reluctantly and slowly holding the wand out to Remus. "Here. Although, I'm sure she already knows the spell so there really isn't a point".
I cleared my throat and both of them eyed me immediately. I stood up, my plate already being finished and I grabbed the wand from his extended hand. "That's mine thanks". I sighed and walked to the sink, setting the dishes into it. "I'll be on my way, and Y/n". I turned my head to look up at Severus as he starred at me with those black swirls. He let his mouth hover for a moment, hesitating, but he continued. "I'll hope to see you in a few days". He said with the flip of his cape he left the headquarters without another word.
Remus looked at me. "Why is he so possessive of you?" Remus chuckled curiously and gave me an expectant look, looking for my answer. My face turned beet red. "I told you, he was my.. haha, bestfriend". I smiled nervously threw clenched teeth and he shrugged it off, almost like he didn't believe me. "So, gonna teach me a spell, Mr. Lupin?" I giggled and took a seat, trying to forget everything that just happened to me. "Well, it was going to be a surprise, I was going to ask if you wanted to learn a defensive jinx, which brings me to my next question". He finished a few bites before turned towards me as I took my seat where I had previously sat. "What did he mean when he said that you ran out on him last night?" I bit my lip and looked away, it hurt just to think about it. I wish people would stop asking me these types of things, I want to move on, to recover, but how can I when they keep bringing it up?
"Well.. Last night, it was when Bellatrix had just told me about my family, as I told you last night about what was bothering me.. I ran out, Sev tried to stop me but.. Well I got away and, that's what I was doing in the rain, I guess it worried him".
Remus seemed to put two and two together and nodded eventually while looking off to the side, taking it in. "Y/n, I must know, and I'm sorry, I am, but I must ask, are you sure you're alright?"
I paused, and I took my own moment to try and think about it. I could feel those same tears that had came in last night start to come back, I looked at my feet and I couldn't say anything. I felt like my mouth was sewn shut, I held my legs closed together tightly, all I could muster up for a response was a nod no. Remus's shoulders fell and he ushered me over with a gesture. I climbed over to his small area on the couch and he pulled my head into his chest, a gentle hug. I suddenly got tense and I wrapped my arms around his neck, letting the tears fall down my cheeks.
"Remus". I croaked and scooted closer to him, burying my head in his shoulder, and he hummed. "Yes Y/n?" He asked. "I'm sorry". I murmured shakily. He cradled me and continued to console and hold me. "Don't be, we all need a hug once in awhile". He said and I could feel his fingertips playing with the ends of my hair.
"Remus". I said again, closing my eyes and I tried to let my body relax. Although It wouldn't. "Yes Y/n?" He asked with a caring tone. "Will you sing to me?" I asked gently, ready for a hard no, but to my surprise..
"Of course".
I smiled faintly and nuzzled his shoulder.
He cleared his though before humming in thought. Pondering what to sing for me.
~
"I thought I saw the devil.... this morning.. Looking in the mirror, a drop of rum on my tongue". He sang gleefully, his voice was a bit rough but it sounded so melodic. "With the warning".
I hummed and smiled into his chest. "To help me see myself clearer, I never meant to start a fire, I never meant to make you bleed..." I felt his lips plant a kiss on my head. "I'll be a better man today. I'll be good, I'll be good~"
"Thank you Remus". I murmured and held my eyes closed, he continued to rub and caress my skin, comforting me.
"Of course". He mumbled to me softly,
~
time skip.
"Y/n, Y/n, wake up, it's nearly dark out". I slowly peeled my eyes open, they felt crusty and uncomfortable. I squinted at the bright lights in the room and looked around, before realizing I was laying on his chest. I quickly jumped up blushing furiously. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I covered my mouth and laughed nervously, he laughed it off with a smirk. "I don't mind". He winked and that sent a shiver down my spine. "I-I... haha, I guess we must've slept too long". I chuckled and played with my hands, a sense of giddiness sparking in me. "Well, that's quite alright, we can stay up practicing that spell I was planning to teach you".
He sat up and looked around. I felt my sides and I could feel a wand slightly sticking out from my pocket and poking my stomach. "Sounds fun".
~
"No you're doing it wrong!" He laughed and continued to try and make me aim my wand right. I giggled, nodding no in embarrassment. "I'm trying!"
I whined, he seemed to really like me. "Why're you holding it like it's a pencil?" He laughed at me. "I don't know!" I began to fake cry playfully and he laughed, leaning against the wall for support. "Here, lemme try again". I giggled and jokingly pointed my wand downwards. "Spafiko! Amendo!" I shouted and pointed my wand at a vase, knowing the spell was wrong. I shrieked when it exploded, unaware that what I'd said was an actual spell. He broke down in laughter, letting himself fall onto the couch and bury his head in his arms. "Why? Y/n why?" He croaked our through chokes of laughter. "I don't know!" I was smiling like a maniac. There was just glass everywhere. I watched as the remains of the glass catch fire and then turn to ash, I only laughed harder. "I'm so sorry". I rubbed my eyes and tried to hold my laughter in.
Eventually we calmed down and we both took a seat. "What time is it now?" Remus asked and looked up at the clock, my eyes looking at the clock as well. "2Am". I rolled my eyes. "Well, I'm sill not tired". I shrugged, he did too. "We're going to be tired tomorrow". He patted my shoulder. "As along as we're tired together, I'll be okay". He nudged me playfully, elbowing me not hard enough to hurt me. "You're very sweet".
"You are too".
~
the next day.
I was struggling to keep my eyes open while I ate a bowl of cereal, Remus laying on the couch in the living room. "We should have went to sleep". He drawled with his eyes half closed, I nodded in agreement. I lazily put a spoonful of wizard broomsticks oats into my mouth. "I had fun though". I commented. "It was fun". He half smiled as his eyes slowly blinked. "Want me to whip you a bowl up?" I asked and took another bite, sipping the milk from the spoon. "Nah I'm alright". He murmured quietly. "I don't pull all nighters anymore, I'm not so young". He chuckled with a smile, his eyes drifting closed. "Well you did tonight". I tried to quickly eat, knowing I was tired and if I didn't sit down soon I'd probably topple over from exhaustion. "I liked that spell". I said.
He let out a laugh. "You didn't even learn it".
"Remus what has been going on here?" My eyes popped open and I almost dropped my bowl. A man with brown wavy shoulder length hair, an elegant bear and mustache had come in and neither of us had noticed. He wore a striped kind of suit, and he looked very handsome with brown eyes and a nice smile.
"Oh Sirius! You're back, this is Y/n, I know you've heard of her".
Sirius suddenly beamed at me with a widespread smile. "Oh my, you're Anna's little girl!" He opened his arms but once he saw my perplexed expression and stopped. "Sorry, it's just been so long since I last saw you, you were just a baby". The man continued. "Oh... your .. a friend of my mom's?" I raised an eyebrow at the unfamiliar mom and Remus hopped to his feet. "This is Sirius, he also went to school with your mother".
"Oh, well Sirius... not serious.. Harry talks about you sometimes". I smiled welcomingly at the man and held out an extended hand for a handshake. He took it without a thought and smiled. "And he speaks about you a lot. Sometimes I think that boy even fancies you". I blushed and giggled, taking my hand back and looking at my feet, Remus nudged me. "No way, I think he likes Hermione". I tried to take that type of spotlight off of me. Remus grinned while snickering.
"You both look exhausted".
~
"You must be very grown up to face the Dark Lord so confidently". Sirius said, we had all taken a seat at a dining table to just talk, etc. "Not really..." I trailed off. "I don't think I could be able to do any of this if it weren't for s... Uh never mind". They both shrugged it off unknowingly. "How old are you anyway?" He asked me. "Er.. 16". I replied with a small smile. Remus gaped at me sort of. "Huh, you look just like a seventh year, a grown beautiful young lady". Remus complimented, Sirius barked a laugh. "Dont be such a dog Remus, shes 16".

"Says you".

"You're literally a werwolf".

"You're animagus is literally a wolf".

"Hmph!"

I laughed as they bickered. "Have you ever considered becoming an animagus Y/n?" Sirius looked at me with curiosity. "I don't think I could hold a mandrake leaf in my mouth for an entire month, I don't have that type of dedication". I giggled. "Well it is a lot of work, best to do it when you're young and naive, you'll zoom right through it". Sirius continued. "You know, it is so strange that I've never met either of you, I hadn't known how fun you both could be". I smiled at the two and they seemed delighted by my words. "Very sweet of you".
~
The next week.
The next week had been very fun, all good fun of course and I was sad to go. But today, I had to go. I was only supposed to stay a few days anyway and Dumbledore really couldn't keep lying to the ministry about my absences for me. I had packed my stuff, (Dumbledore had delivered some clothes to me) and I was saying my goodbyes.
"It has been such a cheerful week Y/n, especially in these times. I appreciate your company the last week we spent together". Remus said as he carried my suitcase down the stairs, I following behind him. "Im glad you could have me, I enjoyed being here a lot. I must say, I'm a bit sad to go". I mumbled, but a still calm happy tone. "It is great to have hung out with you". Remus said, we stood in front of the door, and our eyes locked. "I assure you, we'll meet again". I nodded, smiling at him and admiring his features. "Before you go y/n, hug?" He opened his arms and I agreefully hugged him, he kissed my cheek and hummed as we hugged. "You're a hell of a girl Y/n, stay strong. Are you sure you don't want me to walk you to the train station?" I nodded amd pulled away reluctantly. "I'm sure, but thank you Remus, really, I'm glad you took me in when I needed it most". He gave me one last peck, but it was on the lips, it was soft and sweet, but it was quick-- too quick?
I blushed before my impulses took pver and I quickly deepened that kiss. I expected a slight differen't response, but he didn't seem to mind. After a few moments of glee and my heart's pace picking up, we both pulled away. I opened my eyes and I could see his face was a deep red, but his eyes were lit up and he feigned a smirk. "Y/n may I visit you on the weekends?" He asked, unable to respond properly, I nodded, I felt so shaky and nervous all of a sudden. "-Uh huh". I stuttered out and he chuckled, tucking some of my hair behind my ear. "Goodbye Y/n".
"Goodbye Remus, I hope to see you soon".

"You will".

~

On the train back, I felt so full of joy, so happy. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss, his smile, his eyes. His eyes were so full of life.
The memories I had just created I felt like I'd never forget them. I stared out the window, alone in my booth. I was looking at the clouds, but I wasn't really, I was looking at Remus in my head.
What quality time I'd spent with him.