тнiятуиiле: we both need a hug

third POV.

It'd been a few weeks and Cassidy was forcing Y/n to start picking herself up again. She would force her to shower and wake up every morning, she'd take her uniform and wash it, force her to come to dinner, drag her around. She was certainly better, and she was starting to sleep easier.

Almost as if she was moving on.

It made him jealous. He should be the one making her want to get up in the morning, she should've came to him crying and begging for affection. Every time at dinner he'd watch them make her smile, although her smiles were weak and less of her best, they were still smiles nonetheless. He wanted to be making her smile. It made his skin crawl, he didn't like it. It was starting to get under the professor's skin watching it everyday. Even Potter. Even Potter was making her smile and pick herself up.

That was when he definitely had enough. It started to reverse the roles and he absolutely hated it. He was now the one to try and make her smile or talk during their time together alone, tutoring and whatnot. But now it was his turn to be given the cold shoulder. She would hardly respond more than she had to. It was now 7th period and he only had one more hour to wait until today's tutoring lesson would start. And this is when he would try a bit harder to befriend her again.

What he would exactly do? He didn't plan it because he was feeling extremely impulsive today.

time skip.

Y/n was being escorted by Cassidy to her tutoring, she was feeling much better. She had a much brighter step and she stopped ruining her posture. Cassidy was her miracle worker. "I'll meet you in the library after your tutoring, I want to take you to the secret lessons Harry's doing". Cassidy whispered to Y/n. She nodded and smiled lightly. Finally thinking maybe secret lessons would be cool. Cassidy unhooked herself from Y/n's arm and waved her off. Y/n nodded and turned to the gloomy door. Another round of Y/n's awkward tutoring lessons!

She held her potions book close and headed in, closing the door behind her silently. Something about today's tutoring was unusual. She noticed.

The professor was usually in his seat staring at tests or something, hardly acknowledging her. But today he was standing with his arms crossed and a warm welcoming smile, waiting for her in front of his desk. An expectant grin plastered on his face. She furrowed her brow and hesitantly began walking down the aisle. Clutching onto her books.

This was unusual.. She set her books down cautiously onto his desk. "Good evening Professor". She greeted monotonously. "I thought maybe we should take a break from tutoring today". He began, making her stare at him in curiosity. "Am I aloud to go?" She asked aiming to pick up her books again but he stepped in blocking her way. "No, I thought maybe, we would read, or anything you want to do". He said with Hope gleaming in his eyes. "I want to leave". She replied with slightly narrowed eyes. He stepped closer to her looking down at her, his smile had faded. "You're on my time right now so you can't leave". He argued. She looked up at him, and pulled up a chair, sitting in it. "Fine, then I want to do nothing". He scoffed down at her. He pulled up a chair and sat across from her, mimicking the way she crossed her arms and leant back. "I suppose we could sit in silence and glare at each other until one of us drops dead then".

His snide and irritated comment made her laugh slightly. "That's a funny concept". She said looking off to the side. He let a small smile appear. They both sat in silence for a few minutes, he studied and analyzed her. As she stared at him, getting more and more infuriated with the man sitting before her. She started to get tense, narrowing her eyes into slits.

"I won't beat around the bush Professor. Why is it now that you expect me to come crawling back to you out of shame and embarrassment? Longing for your everlasting love? You cannot dispose of me and expect me to be yours whenever you like y'know".