fouгтуиiие: the last day

third pov.
Today was the last day of their small freedom together. All he wanted to do was to make it last forever. But Y/n had other ideas.
"Severus, I think I need some 'fresher' air". Y/n stated flatly, an almost stern tone.
"What's wrong with the air in here?"
"Don't you think we've spent enough time in your quarters?"
" .. no".
She sighed and held the bridge of her nose. "Of course you don't .. Sev I'm going with or without—"
He fumbly interrupts, "But it is our last day togethe—"
"Severus, I spent the last week and six days with you, I hardly left or saw anyone because we cooped up in your quarters. We can cherish the last day, you just have to come with me".
"To do what? .. exactly?"
"Severus— t-to talk with people!"
She started at him hard, hopeful and frustrated.
" ... "
His face fell as he turned to avoid direct eye contact, becoming silent. Y/n sighed, faltering, stepping away from him with disappointment. "I will try to find you after dinner if you feel better by then". She finished, hesitantly stepping back a few steps from his tense and unresponsive figure. She left after getting dressed for the day, muttering a final, "Bye". Leaving him. What was with him? Yes, what IS with him? He was aware how irrational and selfish he was acting. He had little regret, he wanted her, letting his own hidden jealousy devour him. He stayed still, childishly, hoping that if he pouted enough she'd return to him. But to no avail, he held his face in his hands, sick of himself. To think he has to spend the rest of his life with himself. He had a stone-cold heart, as dreadful as he felt, no tears fell. He would never let himself become so emotionally vulnerable as he once was.
Severus never really matured, he only gut numb to his emotions, smarter, closed in. But Y/n was the only key to open his cold-stone locked heart. It was already selfless of her to decidedly spend almost her entire winters break with only him. It was graceful of her to do it without any reluctance. But how did he reward her deed? By acting like a child and defying against her wishes selfishly. He scowled at his reflection, finding his own actions revolting. How she cared for him so greatly, he'd never understand.
sometime later.
"Y/n, watcha doin'?" Corrie pestered, leaning over her seated figure to peek what she was doing. "Reading". She replied plainly. "Why? Who reads?" She rolled her eyes at that remark. 'I do'. She thought to herself silently, choosing to not respond. It went silent.
"Well what're you reading?" He continued curiously. Oliver sauntered over from behind her, curious on their conversation. He leant over her chair and snatched the book from her delicate hands. It was the 'Prince's Book'.
"Is this some sorta' diary Y/n? Who's The Half Blood Prince?" Oliver asked playfully, his broad evident Brooklyn accent shining in.
"Give it back!" Y/n whined jumping out of her seat and jumping at him as he held the book high above his head, out of her reach. "What is he ya secret boyfriend y/n?" He teased and continued to walk backwards as she tried to get at him. "No!" She giggled, hoping he didn't ruin the book. "Come on Olive give it here!" She smiled at him as he returned the book. "Olive?" Oliver asked, raising an eyebrow conspicuously. "Yeah, a nickname". Y/n shrugged and tucked the book under her arm. "Well.. can I call you N/n?" He crossed his arms and ran a hand through his bowl-cut hair. As strange as he looked, he had a very charismatic charming personality. "Whatever you want Olive". Y/n shrugged and tilted her head up at him. It fell silent.
He suddenly jabbed her side tickling her and snatched the book and skipping away with it smugly.
"Hey! Stop taking my book!" She whined and tried to run at him. "Hey if ya want it back so bad you gotta practice quidditch with us today!" He ran out of the common room as she chased him. "Why?!" She said as she failed to catch up to him, trailing behind him and running. "Come on you spent all week without us! Just one day! Then you can read all ya want!" He bribed, to which she sighed while grabbing his arm and stopping him. "Fine, but you better give that back after". She giggled and he stopped trying to get away.
Conveniently, the Professor had been watching the whole time. He had just turned down that hallway, but stopped as soon as he saw the two slytherins conversing. His blood boiled at the kid.
Oliver Tree. A beloved Slytherin, very well known at Hogwarts for his bullshit. Oliver was someone Snape hated, even before he started to hit on his Y/n. Oliver was gifted with social skills, he was comedic, cute, funny. But the last thing about him: he was charming. He had the strangest sense of style, wearing blue pants with colorful jackets, those stupid red sunglasses, and last but certainly not least, his bowl cut brunette hair. His personality made up for it, he was the only one able to pull off his sense of style, and no one questioned it. Oliver fucking Tree. How annoying, he was a confident, arrogant, jokester. Snape absolutely hated that kid. It made it even worse that Y/n was becoming Oliver's friend. How dare Oliver aimlessly hold that book around, Severus's best works were in there. And she just giggled and let him. He left before either of them noticed his watching. He quickly scuffled off to his office, knowing he could be alone there.
Was he still being insensitive? Insecure, irrational? He sighed and ran a hand through his raven hair. He wished he wasn't so jealous. But it was in his dark veins. He wished she had bad grades again, as crazy as that wish was. He couldnt help it. When she had low grades, no 'team' no friends, just him, everything was perfect then.
But wasn't she unhappy at those times?
He mentally slapped himself, he'd have to get over it. Or... he could continue being a selfish brat? He pondered over the two choices, oh how he loathed himself.
hours later.
He was done waiting, he had made his decision. This was it, he was going to apologize for his behavior this morning. He was hurrying towards his pupil's common room, most likely expecting her to be her. His long strides, his black cape following and swirling behind him. He was eager to get on easier terms with Y/n again. He didn't want to be so vile against her.
He had a few minutes beforehand to muster up all his courage, all of his strength. He stood in front of the doors hesitantly, his hand even a bit shaky. But he firmly tried to stop the incessant nervousness, opening the door. Immediately met with strange outbursts.
"Ooooo! Look look!"

"Tree's proposing!"

"LOOK AT OLIVER!!"

"Bro she gonna say no, she's waaaaay outta his league!"

What was with all the commotion? Severus slowly gazed around the room, seeing a crowd of people watching something. He could tower over all the students, and see what was happening. He peered over them wondering if Y/n might be there.
His stomach twisted in jealousy, Oliver on his knees, staring up at the nervous girl holding out a flower.
"Y/n I have liked you for no more than three days now, and I just can't, I want you to come to the spring dance with me, will you?"
Fuck! No! Y/n looked around, noticing Severus and they locked eyes. She had the same look of panic then looked back at Oliver. Tch, only three days. What was he? A dog?
"I-I.... Uh... O-Oliver". Y/n started, flickering her eyes at Snape every once and again. But he was frozen. Severus felt frozen, like he couldn't do anything. How would he stop this? If he dragged her away to a fake detention, people would surely get suspicious, more than they already are. Because she always has detention with him. It was evident to everyone.

"I.... a-already h-have a date! Yes! that's it, I-I'm so sorry Oliver...."

Severus started in pure utter shock. She got herself out of the situation.

"Well who is he?" Oliver pestered curiously, continuing to hold out the flowers. "U-uh... erm.... "
He watched as she looked around the room, almost searching. "D-Draco". She finally stated.
The whole room gasped.
Even Severus was surprised. Was that a white lie, or was that really her date? Surely, it was a lie, but of course Severus was always easily lead. Especially when it came to Y/n, she made him feel so vulnerable. "Uuuuhm.. I have detention with —- Professor Snape now! We b-best be going!" She pushed threw the crowds of students before tugging on Severus's arm. He of course let her yank him out, and they left quickly. He was see to interrogate her when they were securely tucked away.
~
Hello readers. I can finally write again, sorry this chapter was quite short, but the next one will be uploaded tonight/today/tomorrow, ((no other than that)) and lemme tell you. it is.
dramatic.
epic.
crazy.
overwhelming.
etc.