Chapter 19

Watch tower

Kaneki follows the man of steel into the conference room too see green lantern, flash, Wonder Woman and Martian manhunter. "Where's Batman ?" The amazon looked at the ghoul seeing emptiness a Black void. Flash looked at Superman then at the black haired teenager. "Who's he supposed to be sups ?"

Superman looked at Barry surprised he doesn't recognize the ghoul.  "Flash it's Kaneki." This made the speedster look at him funny then ran around him then back to his spot. "Oh sorry I didn't recognize you ken see your with the land of the living now." Green lantern looks at the ghoul giving him a welcoming smile but didn't get anything from Kaneki. Wonder Woman grabs Superman leaving the room and into the hall way.  "What's going on with him clark. He seems broken and a robot no emotions at all he didn't even say hello."

The man of steel rubs his head "I have no idea Diana he was locked in his mind for a year who knows what he's been threw. Then lex attacked him." Her eyes softened in understanding of what he was saying "he's a ghoul like Kaneki now." Kaneki walks to the widow seeing earth watching it rotate slowly. "Have you ever been to space before?" This made him look at Martian manhunter only for the ghoul to shack his head.

"You read my mind didn't you." This made the alien sigh  nodding in agreement "Look Kaneki I know you miss your world. If it hurts so much I can take the memories away.. if you'll like." The ghoul just stared out the window thinking about what the hero offered him. He could be at peace and not tortured by Jason's memory all the pain everything gone. But Touka he thought this made Kaneki frown "I'll miss you Touka-Chan." Superman walks in with Wonder Woman too see Martian manhunter holding Kaneki's head.

"Martian what are you doing ?" The alien let go of Kaneki looking at the others "I read his mind he told me something in his head to do for him." This made the man of steal see Kaneki fall to the ground. Flash ran up to the ghoul feeling for a pulse "he's alive." Superman looked at his friend "what you do John." This made the alien sad sighing "he told me to whip everything his identity, memories everything he will wake up as Haise Sasaki he couldn't take the pain anymore clark. He asked me and I respected his wishes."

Superman walked to Kaneki's body understanding he knew what the ghoul had been threw cause of Bruce telling him. He picked up Kaneki taking him to the med bay Martian manhunter followed. Kaneki laid on the bed motionless "when will he wake up John." The Martian looked at his friend "soon clark."

Mount justice

Batman was with the teens sending them out on a mission till a video chat popped up on screen. "Batman it's urgent."

12 mins later

The dark knight arrived on the watch tower looking at the ghoul. John told the league the plan about hiding Kaneki's past and to tell the teenagers as well. Batman looked at the ghoul placing a hand on his shoulder "I'm sorry ken." Only for the ghouls eyes to open.