Chapter 28

Bat cave

Bruce types locations for possible agori tree locations till he sees Kaneki pass a scanner. Bruce smiles till a alarm goes off seeing a woman behind him he grabbed a bat rang his throwing it only for Kaneki to catch it crushing it. His hand bleeding from the improved batrangs "this is one of my friends Touka-Chan meet Bruce-San. He helped me in this world adapt.." she walked forward looking at the billionaire giving him a look then back at Kaneki.

"I see you got this mans facial expression Baka." Kaneki just looked at her seeing she's grown up since then he looked at her till Bruce cut in. "Kaneki go to Alfred so you can heal that hand." The ghoul just walked away leaving Touka and Bruce alone.

"So your the one he never got over huh.. interesting." She looked at him with confusion on her face still cautiously being protective of herself. "What's that supposed to mean." He sits down offering a seat which she took "the waitress that always yelled at him. After everything he kept it a secret he liked you thought you where beautiful." Her face lit up red looking away only to sigh soflty "Bruce tell me this.. has Kaneki been safe here he doesn't look like the one I know.. he's changed.." Bruce looked at her then pulled up videos from training Kaneki "he helped people over the months. This maybe a shock to you but he's a ruthless fighter and somethings happened here. He might be different to you but to us it's still him but more colder." Touka takes the information in closing her eyes seeing Kaneki at the coffee shop with his eyepatch cleaning smiling.

Bruce sees this making himself get up but she stopped him. "Things happened that I don't know how to tell Kaneki.. Yoshimura almost everyone at anteiku got killed raided by the CCG. Me, nishiki, yomo and tsukiyama left ran into different wards. Till a couple of months later we got swallowed by a black vortex and ended up in a city called central city. We laid low till we made our way here." Bruce realized their are more of Kaneki's friends out their taking note about to head to the computer "a friend of Kaneki is a friend of mine we will pick up your friends tomorrow and will have a place to stay at the manor with Kaneki. I'll have to tell the kids Kaneki staying here now to keep you guys under control."

Touka was about to say something sarcastic till she realized it's a safety she would have done it too. "Kaneki's human friend ain't doing so well.." Bruce stops looking at her knowing who she was talking about. Hide.

"What's wrong with him?" She looked down ashamed "he's sick a ghoul from agori tree bite him we bandages him up and everything he's getting worse everyday." Kaneki walked in dropping his coffee cup they looked at him with a shocked expression. "Hide is here...? Where?" Touka took a deep breath getting up facing him "Gotham harbor where the others are at.." Bruce goes to his bat suit about to suit up till Kaneki stays quiet for a bit then left the area. "Kaneki ! Wait!!" She ran after him threw the building leaving Bruce alone to change.