I

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter One |

The morning light peaked through the curtains of Iris's bedroom as she snuggled further in the sheets

The morning light peaked through the curtains of Iris's bedroom as she snuggled further in the sheets. The ginger had been awake and functional for a total of seventy-two hours when she started feeling fatigue. Upon further observation, they realized that Iris could sleep after several days of strenuous effort. And when she did sleep, it was only needed for two-three hours. Upon this discovery, Iris was happy she could have some attachments to her humanity back after the change.

So now, the young mother was finishing up that two hour rest with Penelope beside her. The chubby eleventh month old was asleep on her stomach, half of her body slung over her mothers arm with a tiny foot pushed towards her mother's stomach. Iris instinctively wrapped her arm around the little girl, her fingers twirling the strawberry curls as she started to stir. 

She lifted her head from the pillow, flickering her gaze around the bed as she frowned. There was no Edward in sight.

A part of her panicked, worried that he had suddenly left again. However, she coaxed herself to calm down. She didn't want to be that clingy lover, wanting to know where he was twenty-four seven. The next second, her sight caught onto a white piece of paper with Edward's perfect scrawl on it.

Went to Donna's Daisies to take care of the shop. Penelope's bottle is in the warmer. P.s you still look absolutely adorable while you sleep. – Eddie.

She grinned at the note, wondering when she had gotten so lucky. Iris hadn't gone to Donna's Daisies for a good amount of time. She couldn't handle seeing the place after Donna had died, and she found it incredibly sweet that Edward was taking care of things for her.

Penelope began to stir, scrunching up her nose as she dug her head into the cushions. Iris watched on, amused as her daughter finally pried her head from the pillows. A slow and sheepish smile lit up her rosy cheeks, warming Iris all over as she kissed her forehead. "Good morning my love, are you hungry?" Penelope made the sign language gesture for milk, opening and closing her fists with her brown eyes squinting. Iris chuckled, nodding her head as she scooped up the little monster in her arms and took her downstairs for the bottle Edward made her.