XVII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Seventeen |

It was a couple days later when Iris was enjoying an early morning

It was a couple days later when Iris was enjoying an early morning. The sun peeked behind the constant overcast clouds through her bedroom window as she sat comfortably in her plush bed. A tray was set aside, occupying the breakfast in bed Edward more than willingly gifted to her. She took a generous bite of her slightly burnt toast, getting a couple crumbs on the Elemental book Arthur provided her.

The ginger was at peace for once in the last couple of days. Victoria drama wasn't in the forefront of her mind at the moment. Repercussions and assumptions of her intruder were to be talked about in a later date. Even Edward and her brief argument was long forgotten as they rekindled their deeply rooted affections with tender words and quality time.

In the comfiest clothes she had, a silk nightgown that laid to the tops of her thighs, she sunk in her sheets. Blissfully aware of a little munchkin and her husband not-so-sneakily coming into the room. However, Iris feigned oblivious, smoothly turning the page to read up on her ancient history.

Edward smiled to himself as he scooped Penelope up into the air and swung her tiny body like a airplane towards the fluffy clouds of their bed. Pea squealed happily, bouncing on the blankets. Her strawberry blonde curls were untameably wild, sticking out in many different directions as she crawled to her mother a roared like she saw Uncle Emmett do when he read her a book.

Iris faked a startled gasp, clutching her chest as her eyes widened. "Oh my gosh! Edward, what's a bear doing in our room?" Although Penny didn't necessarily know what her mother truly meant, she caught on to a portion of it and roared again.

"I don't know, it appeared out of no where. Darling quick, capture it so won't get away!" Edward acted like he was going to make a grab at her and Penny scurried away. Well, as fast as she could while smothered in blankets. Unfortunately for the little girl, she wasn't fast enough as Iris playfully dragged her by the tiny ankles towards her body. Pea wailed in alarm, the cutest – drawn out 'No' in history was voiced from her small pout.