II | XIV

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Pt. Two - Chapter Fourteen|

 Two - Chapter Fourteen|

Anthony Don, the newest addition to the Masen family, hadn't stopped growing at an abnormally accelerated rate

The newborn wasn't a newborn infant for long. His tiny form had grown into chubby legs that tried to crawl along the grow at any chance he could. His misty grey eyes shifted to a bright, piercing blue, something Iris nor Edward expected. Dark wavy tresses that flipped around his rounded face had lightened substantially to a warm brown much like his father's. He was only a month old and appeared to be six.

For a while, they wondered if his growth spurts hurt him. Though, he never showed any signs of pain or extensive fatigue. Donny was a happy baby, much like Penelope. He wanted to get into any and everything, all over the place yet would give you his full attention when you spoke to him.

Everyone loved him. No matter what day or time it was, Iris would find someone in the family giving him heart eyes. She didn't blame them, he was quite adorable and somehow she felt Donny knew he was. This would explain the way his eyes would grow big when he knocked something over, how he'd purse his pouty lips and bat his eyelashes. Edward always teased Iris that he got that habit from her, which she didn't verbally deny... much.

Even Pea, who was opposed to having a little brother at first, gravitated to him instantly. She'd dress him up in her frilly hats to play house and try to carry his chubby body around, like any toddler could try to. The strawberry blonde called him Dobby, the closest she could get to Donny because she couldn't pronounce multiple N's just yet.

So far Iris had accumulated many pictures of the two together, seeing as Donny was growing up before she could blink. She wanted to get every memory on camera since it most likely would be gone in a flash.

Donny was incredibly intelligent as well, speaking his first words when Bree was chasing around Emmett for taking her paint brushes. He mimicked the word 'Paint' after the teenage immortal exploded, asking for her brushes back. The room seemed to still with varying emotions. They didn't know whether to be ecstatic or terrified, but chose to cheer for Donny as he looked around for approval.

Another detail about Donny they learned was his gift in it's early manifestation. The dark, empty room Edward witnessed during Iris's pregnancy and after his birth had developed. Depending on Donny's mood the room changes atmospheres. One night when Donny threw a fit because he was too tired to sleep, which Edward didn't see the logic in, his mind went from the bright and clear clouds to a dark thunderstorm filled with menacing growls and lightning bolts.

When Edward peered in, it was like he was physically sucked into the plain. He jumped back in alarm, blinking at Iris lethargically. Edward figured when he grew older and his gift enhanced, Donny would be able to mentally take someone to a different dimension depending on his emotions, at will.

It excited the Cullens and worried them at the same time.

With knowledge of the Volturi seeking powerful gift wielding immortals, Donny could easily be drafted in. It was another reason why Iris found herself hunched over in bed with her body wracking with sobs for the fear of her child's wellbeing. At certain moments she found herself fighting with her own psyche. Often, she wanted to sit back and enjoy the sweets scenes around her. And there were times when the darkness would hover over her thoughts and stress her out about the future, remind her of all the questions she had that weren't getting answered.

She just wanted peace. Peace of mind and finally something normal in her warped supernatural world. Little did anyone know that in the coming months, her life would only become more chaotic, filling to the very brim with dilemmas and debacles. Will the elemental sprite be able to keep up?

 Will the elemental sprite be able to keep up?

Unedited.

This is just a little preface before the actual chapter. Obviously in the movie and book, there's an apparent time skip. In this, I only did a little one because I want to jam as much love and fluff in this last book as I can! Next chapter will pick up with Donny looking around 6months but only about a month later. Love you guys!