IX

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Nine |

The brilliant sun rays shined through the sheer curtains of their bedroom

The brilliant sun rays shined through the sheer curtains of their bedroom. It tickled her cheeks as if the sun was personally trying to greet her a good morning. The tall trees outside her window whispered many congratulations and cheers into her ears, causing her to feel warm all over.

As she fluttered her speckled eyes open, she stretched her arms overhead. It was one of those nights she chose to sleep and enjoy the bliss of her vivid dreams. She was honestly surprised she was able to rest, knowing she was to be married in just a few hours made her anxious with anticipation. 

The door to their bedroom creaked open, the grinning face of Alice Cullen was seen peering through. "Happy wedding day! I brought some gifts to continue the good mood because we have a lot of things to do today." A genuine smile graced her cheeks as Rosalie followed in right after Alice, holding a fully dressed Penelope. She swore her heart melted when she saw Penny in her teal flower dress with a daisy headband in her curly hair. Although it was extremely likely she would take it off in the next ten minutes, it was adorable while it lasted.

"Oh look at my little princess, you look so pretty." Iris reached for her daughter, cuddling her in her arms as she peppered kisses all over. The flash of a camera went off as Alice snuck in one, cheekily smiling behind it. No one would dare say no to Alice on this day, which was odd because it was the ginger's special day after all.

The immortal pixie was not joking when she said they had many things to do. It was three full hours later since they walked in and Rosalie was raking a large brush through her incredibly long tresses. Her makeup was already finished; the colors remaining light and natural with blush tones making her visibly glow. Alice was busy finishing up painting her toe nails the same teal color as Penelope's dress when Iris was getting antsy. Believe it or not, she didn't like being waited on, maybe when she was pregnant but not now. However, since it was her wedding day she swallowed her grumbles as Alice tied her laced embellishments onto her ankles.