XXIX | Epilogue

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Twenty Nine |

Epilogue

It was a stand off between the Cullen Clan and the infamous Volturi

It was a stand off between the Cullen Clan and the infamous Volturi. Two subtly rivaling groups of people with different values and morals in place. Iris could practically touch the film of tension covering them like a tarp.

She didn't know where to look. The obvious choice being Jane; standing short in stature yet mighty nonetheless as she demanded the attention of anyone in her presence. She took the time to survey the aftermath, a knowing glint shinning in her bright red eyes. Her twin brother, Alec who stood only half a step behind his sister but that truly showed who held the power amongst the two. Though, Alec's gift was fierce in itself.

Or, the two menacing guards, Felix and Demetri who flanked each of their sides... However, Iris didn't see them as any immediate threat, so she chose to meet the dangerous eyes of Jane.

"It appears you've done our work for us," Jane drawled noncommittedly. "Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact."

"We were lucky," Carlisle interceded. Iris shifted the weight on her legs, subconsciously leaning microscopically closer to Edward.

"I doubt that," Jane made eye contact with Iris, scrutinizing her form with accusing eyes. The ginger had to hold herself to her spot, reigning in her leftover rage from Victoria.

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight." That had to have been the first time Iris had ever heard Alec speak. His voice childlike yet all-the-more terrifying because of that.

"Yes, It's not often we're rendered... unnecessary."

"If you'd arrived a half hour ago, you would've fulfilled your purpose," Edward quipped knowingly as he bravely glared at Aro's prized possessions. Iris glance at him incredulously at the corner of her eye, biting down on her lip to keep from saying anything.