XII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Twelve |

"Penelope wasn't so bad on the plane ride here," Iris sighed softly to herself as she placed a sweet kiss to her daughters messed up curls

"Penelope wasn't so bad on the plane ride here," Iris sighed softly to herself as she placed a sweet kiss to her daughters messed up curls. Pea snuggled further into her favorite plush blanket, suckling her thumb as she dreamt peacefully.

Edward revealed their trip to Dublin, Ireland just as they boarded the flight. It was an exotic place many people never thought to travel to, and the weather provided a nice overcast to shield them from the direct sunlight. It was a beautiful place with many sights to see. Iris was extremely excited, seeing as she never left Forks, Washington before now. She was glad this trip was for them to spend time together as a family, their little family.

"Well you did feed her majority of the time," Edward tutted as they walked out of Pea's bedroom. Iris's supplement to get her daughter to stop fussing around? Food, of course. After all it works for the ginger when she's having a meltdown moment, so why wouldn't it work for Penelope? Now the eleventh month old was finally put down to sleep seeing as it was almost the next morning. 

Iris rolled her eyes as she tugged her hair into a ponytail, making her way into their own mater bedroom. They decided to rent an apartment rather than staying at a hotel since they wanted it to be homely. The rental was right off the streets of Dublin with a bright red door and a warm porchlight hanging overhead. Their bedroom screamed vintage with a touch of rustic here and there. Even the wrought iron headboard made Iris's heart swoon.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow – or today?" She corrected herself, realizing time went by faster than she thought. Edward sat on their bed, watching in amusement as she unpacked their bags and started stuffing the drawers with their clothes. Although it sounded weird, and he'd never find himself thinking this a year ago, but he could watch her fold clothes for hours on end and never get bored.

"Well I was thinking we could make breakfast here, have it on the terrace." He started thoughtfully and Iris stopped packing to give him her full attention. She set one of his shirts down and padded closer to him, standing in between his legs as he rested his palms on her hip instinctually. "Then maybe we could stop by Dublin castle, the National museum... the botanical gardens –"