X

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Ten |

This is one of the times where Iris wished she couldn't sweat

This is one of the times where Iris wished she couldn't sweat. Her palms were slightly clammy as she loosened and tightened her grip on the bouquet in her grasp. Her mind wandered endlessly, fighting with many different topics as she swayed from foot to foot. The two things keeping her grounded at this moment was Colton standing firm beside her, arm in arm, and knowing that Edward was on the outside of the wall they were waiting behind.

"Relax Riz. The only time I've seen you this fidgety was when Mike Newton dared you to purposely flunk your expository essay."

Iris scoffed at the memory, knowing the real reason why she was unnerved. If she failed that test, Richard would've had another fit and she was just as scarred from the pervious time he lost his temper. Failing that test was out of the question, but Iris wasn't going to back out which is why she turned in two essays behind Mike's back. Of course, Colton knew this as well but he chose to make the memory lighter, more enjoyable.

"At least I did the dare unlike some people, he didn't even have the guts to tell Jessica that he liked her." Colton arched an eyebrow incredulously.

"Wait, did he like her?"

"Psh No, but that was the dare," They chuckled softly, starting to feel her nerves relax. Colton always knew how to take her mind off pressing things, ever since they were children. The sound of foots steps heading their way made Iris stand up straighter out of habit, however she was pleasantly surprised to see Arthur rounding the corner.

He wore a navy blue suit with black flowers embroidered down the lapels. His undershirt was a bright yellow, contrasting greatly with his dark colors but somehow it still worked. His beard was trimmed neatly as his hair was pulled back in a low bun. Iris mentally approved of his outfit choice, it was what she expected from the eccentric sprite.