VIII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Can I just say, what a goddess!? |

| Chapter Eight |

"You know she's going to try and eat that?" Iris mused with pursed lips as Arthur handed Penelope a whole apple from his tree outside

"You know she's going to try and eat that?" Iris mused with pursed lips as Arthur handed Penelope a whole apple from his tree outside. The older elemental only snorted, patting the curly top of the strawberry blonde. Iris had decided to spend her last day as an unmarried woman with her biological father. There was something about Arthur that brought her comfort, and although she was excited to become Mrs. Masen, she needed some familiarity.

The ginger was so excited she couldn't keep still at home. She'd call Alice many times within the hour, checking on all the last minute details. So to stop herself from going stir crazy, the young mother decided to see Arthur.

"Kids will make their mistakes, best to let them learn for themselves." He muttered wisely as he pulled out a large book from his book shelf. It was the same book she had seen when they first visited and she had to admit it made her curious. Seeing the way she eyed the worn exterior of the leather book, Arthur smiled knowingly. He came back to the carpet they were sitting on and thrusted the book in her personal space.

"What's this?" Immediately when it touched her fingers, she felt it belonged there. She situated her body so Penny couldn't tear anything as she ghosted her hands over the wrinkled leather. 

"Our history. We've been around for a long time, thought you'd like to read up on your ancestors and they're adventures, abilites, etc. It's a grimore of sorts... Plus, it saves me a lot of time explaining," Iris rolled her eyes at the nonchalant shrug he gave. It would be extremely helpful for her to get some information. 

Iris was some kind of brainiac in school, that was because she always had a knack for being ultimately prepared for anything. Well that is before she had Penelope, lord knows she wasn't prepared for that.