XXIV

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| It looks like Eclipse will be the longest book so far, we're already at twenty-four!? |

| Chapter Twenty Four |

"Where's the little tot?" Esme was the first to ask as Edward, Iris and Ava walked out of the tree line to the spacious clearing in the middle of the woods

"The Beaut's coming with Arthur later. Ole man's going to show Iris some plant-bending techniques. Although, I'd say I'm an Ace, instructor, but Arthur begs to differ." Ava rolled her eyes, tightening her ponytail so her wavy blonde locks were secure.

Iris looked out among her family, smiling to herself when she saw Emmett and Jasper sparing. One moment, Emmett was barreling towards the empath and the next, he was flying through the air, landing hard on his back. Yet, he sprung right up as if the impact was a flick on his shoulder, ready to battle.

"Again," He barked, to which Iris tutted to herself.

"Ah, Emmett. Ever the competitive one. He honestly, won't let you win," Edward instantly agreed, laying his arm over Iris's bare shoulders. The ginger could tell, just by his body language that he especially loved the tight fitting yoga pants and bantu sports bra she decided to wear for this lesson. She wouldn't be surprised if she caught him staring at her bum later on.

"Iris, have you fought before?" Carlisle padded towards her thoughtfully, his hands clasp behind his back.

"Not necessarily, I was more of a flee-the-scene type of girl. I used to be pretty passive aggressive... unless it involved Jessica Stanley." She caught Rosalie's smirk in the corner of her eye, but didn't mention anything about it.

"Well I'm sure you'll learn a lot today." He allowed, meeting eyes with Edward for a brief moment. She could almost smell the protective urge that was building in her husband. They had a discussion before they came, to which Edward agreed to her joining the fight as long as he showed her some moves after the group lesson. It was to further ensure him of her safety, she couldn't and didn't want to refuse.