II | XXII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Twenty Two |

"I don't understand, why are they coming here?" Bella voiced her obvious concern as they all reunited in the living room

"I don't understand, why are they coming here?" Bella voiced her obvious concern as they all reunited in the living room. Charlie had long gone home, escorted by his new bestfriend Arthur because they didn't want him to overhear the dilemma they were trying to figure out. Iris promised to fill her father in later. The group crowded around the couches, all assembling with serious expression that made Donny worry.

"Don, come here." Edward called to his son leaning on the wall nearby once he heard his thoughts. A protective urgency coated all his senses as his little boy walked into his embrace, shielding his face from view in his father's side.

Iris watched the exchange with a anxious stomach. Penelope had eventually calmed down, but the strawberry blonde could obviously sense the tense atmosphere as Iris held let her rest her head on her lap. Not even the constant comb of her mother's fingers through her willd curls could calm the nervous shifting of her eyes around the room.

"What did Irina see in the woods?" Edward spoke up, glancing to the Quileute's who were outside during the time of her unexpected visit. Embry shook his head, scrunching his eyebrows as he looked to his pack brothers. He contemplated what could be so appalling before shaking his head to himself, "Nothing really. We were playing football while Morgan and Pea were picking flowers."

"Yeah, Jacob threw a wicked ball but Donny caught it, he's a natural," Seth praised with a chuckle, however Iris couldn't seem to make herself smile. She stiffened, meeting the eye contact of her husband across the room. The torn expression on his face confirmed exactly what she was thinking, and she suddenly had the urge to grab her children and run for the hills.

"Of course – "

"They think Donny is an immortal child," Iris sucked in a sharp breath, stilling her hands running through Penelope's hair.