XVIII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Eighteen |

"Embry stop teaching Penelope to use my utensils as toys, please

"Embry stop teaching Penelope to use my utensils as toys, please." Iris scolded the teenage boy as she prepared for the company she was having over today. It was the day Iris somehow agreed to let Bella and her friend Angela over to put together their graduation invites.

"Aye aye, captain."

She wasn't too keen on having an acquaintance in her house. However, she made an exception to the photographic teen. Seeing as she was always polite and lacked judgement whenever the ginger was around. Oh the things the Elemental did for her clumsy friend.

Embry and Pea were situated where Iris could keep an eye on them. It wasn't because Iris didn't trust him, because she did, now more than ever. Yet the young mother just knew the two would be getting into some trouble soon. It was natural for that combination, especially because she learned first hand with her glass vase not too long ago. Shattered into pieces by a game of peek-a-boo. How it happened? She never knew, but she'd be damn if she let it happen again.

From what she could see from the kitchen, Em was now trying to teach her to stand up. Using the coffee table her tiny hands gripped it tightly as she wobbled her chunky legs. Iris sighed quietly to herself, she felt time was going by too fast. Her little girl was already trying to walk. Where had the time gone? The ginger felt like she just gave birth to the little monster, helping her with anything and everything so she'd survive. Now, Penny would use her own spoon to scoop in her applesauce. Guess Iris could say she was experiencing baby fever. 

She got back to work, stirring the freshly made guacamole after making three sandwiches for Embry's spontaneous appetite. The boy could and has eaten out her whole fridge three times out of the week. Edward made a remedy with that though, stocking the fridge with covered jars of animal blood.

Humans wouldn't know what it was, but Embry did. And seeing it freaked him out on occasion, long enough for Iris to steer him in another direction. She was lucky her stomach didn't need human food to survive.