II | VIII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Eight |

"Carlisle, that tape measure makes me feel fat

"Carlisle, that tape measure makes me feel fat." Iris eyed the long material as it wrapped around her center, where she was the widest. Her belly button was starting to poke out and Edward happened to think it was cute. The ginger felt otherwise.

Iris stood as straight as she could, pouting at the pudginess of her body. She had just worked off her last pregnancy and now she was back in the ring. "Seems you've grown a little past the halfway mark, twenty two weeks. It's pretty consistent; however, I should be able to estimate when you'll give birth in few days, depends if your growth accelerates."

"So it's confirmed... I am fat," She pouted as he wrote the measurements down.

"Your body is housing our son or daughter. I happen to find it remarkable, beautiful even." Edward's words would've made her blush scarlet. He was ever the charmer, throwing all her insecurities away one after the other.

Iris smiled gently as she held up her shirt, meeting the eyes of Edward. She could see the twinkle of hope in his golden orbs, something she's missed in a while. It caused a butterfly sensation to stir in her stomach. Maybe it was just the baby.

Suddenly, the front door opened and the familiar, heart melting sound of tiny feet stumbling on the wood met their ears. "Mommy! Daddy!" Penny stumbled in on wobbly legs towards the three with Esme walking in behind her. She wore a wide grin, doe brown eyes alit with excitement as she ran towards Iris. Penelope stopped just under her mother, hugging her legs before setting her tiny hand on Iris's bump.

"Hi, my love. Did you have fun with Nana Esme?" Her strawberry blonde head bobbed in agreement, making Iris pinch her cheeks with how adorable she looked. As Penny poked Iris's bare stomach, she finally brought her attention to it. "That's baby brother or sister. Do you want a baby?" The toddler didn't quite know understand where the baby was coming from or how it go there, but just the word 'baby' made her perk up with excitement.