XXVI

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Twenty Six |

"Good day, gentlemen

"Good day, gentlemen... and ladies," Iris walked up to the circle of unlikely people with Edward begrudgingly trekking by her side. The faces of Jacob, Jasper, Colton, Ava and Bella all held confused and slightly amused expressions.

"What's going on?" Of course, Jake would be the first one to ask questions instead of waiting patiently for the ginger to explain. She rolled her eyes lightly at the same time Ava did, great minds often think alike.

"You all are here to test a theory. So consider yourselves my subjects and don't refuse because you have no choice whatsoever, Mmkay?" Iris clapped her hands together before explaining exactly what she wanted out of this meeting. Many objected, like her brother and the obvious, Edward. However, Jasper, the expert in this type of shenagigins, thought it was a brilliant idea. Always trust a Texas man, she thought.

"Bells, we can't put you in danger by being up there. This is your life we're talking about," Colton grasped her shoulders tenderly, rarely showing the emotions he masks majority of the time.

"I'll be fine. Riz, Seth and you will be there." The dirty blonde fiercely shook his head, not getting the point even with her poor explanation. Iris sighed to herself, laying a hand on his arm. "We'll watch her Col, she's a big girl."

"Yes, but you have to admit it's risky. Especially because we're luring Victoria there on purpose." Iris narrowed her eyes at Jacob as he leaned against a tree. Ava was the only one who hasn't said much, just watching the exchange with guarded eyes. 

"Thank you, Jacob." Edward agreed, crossing his arms tightly with a scowl.

"Edward, we talked about this. It will work," Iris coaxed as she walked towards him. She could see the internal conflict swirling around in his orbs. His desire to protect his wife at all costs, becoming harder the more she made plans like this. He set his jaw stiffly, looking her square in the eyes. "That means we're training more, I won't have you ill prepared when she shows up."