V

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Five |

"Have the trees spoken to you yet?" Iris snapped her head towards Arthur, everything suddenly clicking into place

"Have the trees spoken to you yet?" Iris snapped her head towards Arthur, everything suddenly clicking into place. She always wondered what those voices in her head were. From the day in Port Angeles she's had them blaring loudly against her skull. Now, she knew she wasn't going mentally insane.

"That's what they were?" Edward kept his distance from the pair, wanting them to bond. From an outside perspective, they seemed to be getting along well. Iris and Arthur were so alike in many ways. Even down to the way they walked as everyone trudged towards the forest.

"Oh yeah, and they tell the most hilarious jokes as well. Don't even get me started on ferns," He chuckled throatily, stopping in a circle of trees. Iris arched an amused eyebrow and followed his lead as he plopped down on the damp ground, crossing his legs over each other. He pushed his hands through the soil, taking a deep breath in as the energy surge through the ground like a live wire.

Iris mimicked his motions warily, thrusting her palms to the soil and digging them through. Almost instantly she could feel the mystical energy there, it was uncontainable. She stuck to only watching him for now, just to be safe.

Arthur closed his eyes and remained perfectly still. It was silent for a good moment and Iris wondered what he was doing before her eyes widened dramatically. The once perfectly still forest had come alive; trees from many different directions stretched magically towards the bender. Their branches extending and sprouting with new life. They were now bountiful with colorful flowers and vines, Iris felt like she was in the middle of a fairytale. The sound of her giggle as a vine brushed purposely against her cheek echoed throughout the enchanted fortress.

"This is amazing!"

Arthur smiled at the childlike joy on her face. He had missed her whole life and it saddened him deeply. He always wished he could share this magic with an offspring of his. "Why don't you try?" He coached, making a cupping motion with his hands as a rose appeared out of thin air.