II | XVII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Seventeen |

"We're already thinking of getting Donny a new bed," Iris confesses to Bella as she pulls out some sandwhich elements from the refridgerator

They were discussing, now a topic for the everyday, Donny's accelerated growth. Whether it had to do with how Iris and Edward were handling it to what steps of action their going to take next, Isabella Swan was one consistent shoulder she could cry on. Now, with Bella bringing up how cordinated the newest Masen was, Iris relinquished her dreaded thoughts and revelations with a weary heart. 

"Really? Why are you doing that, does he not fit in the cot by your bed anymore?" Bella took some lettuce from Iris's hand, taking out a knife from the drawer in front of her. This gave Iris some intense deja vu to when the ginger was assisting Bella with making dinner for her own family. Iris could recall the time she was aggressively pregnant, peeling the leaves off the lettuce head as they talked about the possibility of Edward's infatuation with her. A sigh left her lips as she brought out the cutting board. 

Oh how times have changed since then, she thought.

"Actually no, although he's a chunky monkey right now. He recently figured out how to pull himself out of the crib. Edward found him halfway down to the carpet yesterday."

Bella paused in her cutting, eyes widening. "Seriously, already?"

Iris hummed in the back of her throat as she unwrapped the twine around a loaf of bread. "Yeah, he's inteligent, we've known that, but he's gaining some major motor skills as well. Carlisle says his growth rate has slow in the most miniscule way, not even a tenth. But it gives us some hope that it will – stop all together in the long run."

The brunette shook her head with conviction, if she had gone through what Iris has she didn't know if she could be as strong. Just seeing little Anthony crawling around, joining in on the building block fun in the living room with the girls, worried her. She couldn't begin to imagine what Iris and Edward are going through behind the strained smiling faces and hoarse laughter.