IV

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Four |

Iris sat behind the drivers seat nervously

Iris sat behind the drivers seat nervously. Her perfectly polished finger nails tapped against the steering wheel as she stared at the house ahead. It was a bright yellow, the color Arthur told her was his favorite. She could even see the white roses planted out in the front. A motorcycle parked off to the side of them. 

She was here to finally do it, meet her biological father. Of course it was easier said than done, and now she was thinking about reversing the car and flooring it down the street. Would he let her in or completely deny her, slamming the door in her face. The smallest things could set her off, and the hair that was surrounding her face was starting to become one of them. 

A slightly cooler hand rested over her own fidgeting digits. They ceased the tapping as they ran caressing circles on top of her marble flesh. She sighed tiredly, fluttering her eyes closed to try and ease her nerves. "We don't have to go. We can turn around now and forget about all of this... but I know that's not what you want, is it?"

She cursed mentally, wondering how Edward had gotten to know her so well. What she didn't realize though, was this is what she needed. Someone to encourage her in the darkest moments and identify herself when she wasn't seeing clearly. Iris felt like she was looking through a foggy mirror for the longest time, looking but not really seeing. She felt lost after Edward left town, and she still did even though he came back. However, slowly Edward was revealing just who Iris Green was. 

And this was one more step closer to wiping the fog away.

"No, it's not what I want." She shook her head. Edward raised his hand and grasped her chin, turning it to fully face him. He stared between her speckled eyes, seeing the crestfallen glint there. As if staring into her soul, he knew the real desires of her heart. 

"You're worried he's going to leave you like Donna, is that it?" Iris tore her gaze away, her lip wobbling as tears started coming to the surface. A sob wracked through her body and Edward immediately acted, taking off his unnecessary seat belt to bring her into his arms. Iris clutched to the fabric of his shirt, burrowing her face into his comforting scent. Edward cooed to her, smoothing down the back of her head as he kissed the back of it solemnly.