II | XX

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Twenty |

The clicking sound of Iris's heeled boots resonated throughout the Port Angeles University courtyard

The clicking sound of Iris's heeled boots resonated throughout the Port Angeles University courtyard. Her vibrant red strands appeared aflame in the constant stream of sunlight. She wasn't sparkling like an iridescent sculpture, much like Edward or any of the immortals back home would. She simply glowed, radiating a magnificent aura as she adjusted the bag over her shoulder. She was a woman on a mission.

The weekend seemed to slip right through her perfectly polished fingers and before she knew it, Monday had sprung up on her. She strutted through her college campus only because she had a meeting with her advisor today. It was to confirm her graduate plan, which the school deemed important. Otherwise, she would be at home, snuggling against Edward in bed.

Different people around their mid to late twenties were scattered in the courtyard. Some sitting underneath the trees while others stood as they chatted with their friends about upcoming mid-terms and the bills they had to pay before the end of the month. It wasn't like she expected from all the college movies she'd seen. There were no wild people running around in togas or solo beer cups littering the school grounds. No lavish sorority houses with hazing activities like streaking around campus. It appeared just like any establishment, dull and uninteresting. Everyone went about their own business, trying to get an education and make a living. It was refreshing.

Iris opened the glass door into the admissions directory, her speckled eyes glancing around until she stopped on the front desk guy. He was slender and vaguely resembled Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory. It made her red painted lips quirk in amusement.

"Hi, how can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm here to see Mr. Cavil. I have an advising appointment at 10:30," Iris smiled politely at him, temporarily blind sighting the poor man. He briefly cleared his throat and sent her close lipped smile before typing on his computer to search the schedule. "And your name is?"