II | XIX

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Nineteen |

It was Halloween

It was Halloween. A day the supernatural creatures could come out of hiding and be their natural selves and not get discovered by the civilization. This brought on the notion for the gang of mystical entities to go trick-or-treating for the little ones... and Jake as well.

Iris and Edward, Colton and Bella with Ava and Jacob were going out on the town. The darkness of the night hugged them like a wool blanket as the kiddos walked in front of them. Jacob and Colton were the only ones who dressed up this evening. The dirty blonde was, you guessed it, Dracula. He thought it was hilarious, which made Iris think dad jokes were contagious once they had their own offspring. Jacob chose a less obvious approach, a zombie. That's how the group got into a discussion if zombies actually existed.

"I'm telling you they're real, just waiting for their chance to strike." Jacob tutted as he swung Ava's hand within his own, walking down the sidewalks of Forks.

Colton shook his head, a nonbeliever in the flesh. His arm was flung over Bella's shoulders as he tugged her closer, her eyes steadily watching Morgan for safety measures. "I doubt it. Ed, you're an old guy right? Wouldn't you have seen anything peculiar, detaching limbs, exaggerated grunts?" Edward's lips lifted in amusement, a chuckle successfully spilling passed.

"Uh, I have my suspicions but I haven't seen anything personally, no."

Iris held securely onto Donny's hand as he walked. Yes, walked... well more like waddled. His costume of choice was a certain bright blue, wool covered monster named Sully. His wavy dark tresses barely peeked out from the fuzzy hood, crystal blue eyes twinkling as he took in his surroundings. The ginger was trying to keep up with his growth spurts, first he was taking his first steps and then he was trying to catch up with his big sister and cousin as they walked ahead of them.

Iris vaguely caught onto the conversation and spoke her peace. "Okay, but guys think about it. If we exist and just recently caught onto each other's existence, who's to say they don't as well and we're just slow in noticing?" Ava nudged her shoulder good-naturedly, her wild curls blowing in the night breeze.