XXII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Twenty Two |

Iris was dressed to kill

Iris was dressed to kill. An ivory shirtdress delicately laying over her body like a greek goddess. The lighting was just right as it came in through the restaurant window, hitting her hair like a vibrant red halo. Her perfectly polished fingernails tapped against the fancy table cloth as she crossed one creamy leg over the other.

She was patiently waiting as she sipped her pinot noir with interest. Yes, it was the middle of the day, but why not? Iris always liked the finer things in life, after all it was in her upbringing.

"Can I get you anything else while you wait, Miss?" Iris smiled politely at the waiter, wondering why they weren't paying this women extra for coming to her table twice in the last fifteen minutes. She made a mental note to tip her generously later.

"Um, no. My guests should be here in a moment," The blonde woman nodded in response and she was just about to leave when a painfully familiar voice stung her supernatural ears.

"Actually, you have that wrong. Wouldn't you believe she's a married woman now." Dylan sauntered in with sunglasses snatched from his face as he propped them on his freshly trimmed hair cut. Some things had changed, like the new tattoos on his forearm of the moon and sun. The way his eyes surveyed the area, like he was paranoid someone was watching him somewhere. He probably got that from the time he spent in jail, Iris noted.

He sent the waitress his award-winning smile, blue eyes alit with false inspirational creativity. It was this same appearance that she unknowingly fell for, yet she found it astounding how she didn't feel a thing for him now whatsoever.

The waitress's eyes widened as she looked in between the pair suggestively and apologetically. "Oh, I'm so sorry. Congratulations!"

It was Iris's turn for her eyes to widen. She slightly choked on her wine, sitting up straight to clear her throat. "Definitely not, yeah no. Been there, wish I didn't do that. If you know what I mean," The ginger snorted with a sarcastic edge and now, the waitress looked extremely uncomfortable.