XIII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Don't forget to comment as you read, if you want |

| Chapter Thirteen |

"It's safe to say, Penelope doesn't like sand

"It's safe to say, Penelope doesn't like sand."

Edward mused as he once again tried to set Pea down, only for her to stretch her legs away from the sand as if it was hot lava. The strawberry blonde was not having it as she screamed and cried, tugging urgently on Edward's shirt to keep her off the ground. By the complacent expressions of the parent's faces, you can get a glimpse of how their morning at the beach was going.

"Maybe if you put some in your hand and show her, she'll feel better?" Iris tried as she sat on the beach towel. Her baby hairs were gently fluttering around her face as she tried to braid her hair to the side. Edward made a sound of protest, but tried it anyway, scooping some sand in his hand as he held it towards the child.

Penelope only screamed louder, desperately trying to get away from the irritating graduals as fast as she could. Edward grunted as she jostled his shirt, reaching for her mother to hold her whilst unknowingly hitting the immortal. Iris sighed and quickly grabbed her daughter in her arms, setting her on the towel with ease. As soon as Penny realized she wasn't touching the sand, her whining was gone and she instantly started playing with her father's keys.

"What a drama queen," Iris rolled her eyes, readjusting Pea's headband.

Edward slumped down beside her, allowing Iris to lean on him for support. The weather was overcast, as usual in Dublin, a light breeze coming off the sea side as the waves curled up and down the beach. It was peaceful once Penelope stopped screeching and all that was heard was the cawing of birds and the splashing of other families skipping along the shore.

"Flowah?" Penny held up a shiny pebble she found in the palm of her chubby hand. She showed it to her parents with a tilt of her head, making both Iris and Edward awe.