XXVII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| First Part is Mature but You were warned last chapter so... carryon |

| Chapter Twenty Seven |

"I love you, so much

"I love you, so much..." Edward professed the words over the hush of a new dawn. His fingers ghosted over Iris's delicate skin as he hovered over her. His golden eyes held such conviction that she had to suck in a breath to recover from it.

"And I love you, more than anything." Iris raised her fingers to caress his cheek up into his hair line to adjust the falling strands. There was some things unsaid in this moment, much more than a declaration of love. It was a word before dying, maybe. They didn't know what the future held tomorrow. Would they make it past the battle? None knew the answer.

"In the next twenty four hours –"

"I know just... kiss me," She pleaded and he melted at the pure, unaltered devotion in her tone. He did as she wished, not speaking another word on 'what ifs', this was their moment together, possibly the last.

He kissed her deeply, with unabandon, practically devouring her as she surrender herself completely to him. Their smooth lips melded together languidly. Tongues fought a neverending war for dominance as her hands explored the defining contours of his body, tenderly. Iris ran her fingers through his tresses, grasping them securely as she hooked her legs around his hips.

They fit together like puzzle pieces, his frame sinking perfectly as his body covered her. When her hand roamed for long enough, Edward took them in his own, swallowing her palms as he intertwined them above her head.

He took his sweet time mouthing along the line of her jaw and neck, spending extra on the spot underneath her ear. Iris's chest heaved as she lent her head back into the pillows, savoring the tantalizing feeling of his lips on her supple skin. Edward worked his way down her chest. Iris gasped soundlessly in response, her speckled eyes fluttering close as he gently bit her, causing a zap of electricity to zing down her spine and straight to her core.