II | XXIII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Twenty Three |

"Do you think they'll like me?" Donny asked in a adorably meek voice as Iris leant towards the back seat to hand Pea her applesauce pouch

"Do you think they'll like me?" Donny asked in a adorably meek voice as Iris leant towards the back seat to hand Pea her applesauce pouch. She glanced towards her son, an expression of pure admiration shining in her orbs. They just pulled of from another gas station because Embry had to take a 'leak' as he put and Iris decided she might as well change Penelope while they were stopped. The toddler was still learning to use the big girl potty, though the Masen's weren't any rush.

"Darling, if they don't like you then their missing out on one of the best thing that's ever happened in this world." His bright blue eyes widened before a slow, wide grin graced his childlike features. He tugged on Embry's t-shirt sleeve, tilting his head to the side much like his father in a sense. "That's too bad for them, then. Right, Em?"

"You got that right kid," They high fived and Iris rolled her eyes happily before sharing a look with her husband in the driver's seat. He leant his hand over the arm rest, taking her palm in his own to kiss the back of it, rubbing slow circles on her wrist. It sent tingles up her spine as she glanced at him from under her lashes. This was her little family, and it was perfect to her.

"The Denali's, they're expecting us right?" Edward nodded as he easily maneuvered the car to his bidding. Iris bit down on her lower lip, fidgeting with her fingers. "I just don't want to spring up on them and impose myself, though I will if I have to, especially because we have Embry with us."

Edward glanced into the rearview mirror towards the shapeshifter and grimaced, his nose wrinkling up, but not for the reasons Iris was pointing out. "I think having a wolf with us will be the least offending, honestly." He shook his head with an amused smiled when Embry made a noise of objection.

"You two better behave, we have enough babies to handle this trip," Iris was cut off by her phone ringing throughout the car. Penelope brought her hand up to her ear like she was on the phone and said, "Hellooo?"