XXV

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Twenty Five |

"I like the Kung Fu stances better," Ava muttered as she looked at her nails in bordeum

"I like the Kung Fu stances better," Ava muttered as she looked at her nails in bordeum. Arthur rolled his eyes, popping his knuckles as he got ready to demonstrate.

"Yes, but that's only because you're a show off."

"Right, that." She nodded, fixing her wavy ponytail so the fly-away's weren't all over her face.

It was not too long after Arthur arrived when the training day was called to a close. The Cullen's and pack went back to their respected territories while Edward, Ava, Embry and of course Penelope stayed behind. Now, Iris was standing in front of Arthur as he demonstrated the way to channel the lush wildlife around her to do her will.

"Now, you said earlier to yanked Colton to the ground?" Iris bobbed her head with a victorious smirk on her lips at the scene playing out in her head. "Great, this is just like that. Instinctual and all in your mind. Whatever you want to happen, if you trust in it, will come into fruition – within means."

"Okay, so what do I do? Wave my hands around?" Her eyebrows were furrowed as she held her palms out like her father, feet spread apart with her knees slightly bent. 

"No, imagine a vine growing from the ground," He instructed patiently, ignoring Ava's Kung Fu gestures in the corner of his eye. Iris did as he said, closing her eyes to block out all distractions. Her mind's eye envisioned a tiny sprout springing out of the ground and she felt nothing. Grinding her teeth together, she clasp her palms in front of her to grip onto something as she breathed in short pants.

"You're forcing it, relax. Concentrate." Arthur slowly circled around her; the wind fluttering through his hair as he went. 

"I am concentrating," She gritted out to which Ava tutted, remembering his training with her like it was yesterday.

"Apparently not enough, seeing as you can still talk back to me." Ava mouthed the words as Arthur spoke them, the phrase engraved in her head a thousand times over. This caused a glare to be sent her way from the older elemental.