XIV

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Fourteen |

The abundant woods of Forks, Washington was eerily still

The abundant woods of Forks, Washington was eerily still. There was no wind swirling the fallen leaves around the ground. All the wild life that inhabited the furrows and foliage were no where in sight, they didn't dare make a peep with their number one predator in their midst. 

They all stood impossibly stiff, inhumane to the ordinary eye. Spread out between the tall trees, they waited – for just the right moment. The evergreens spoke lowly, whispering in a certain Elemental's ear as her eyes searched the green around her, frantically. Iris took a muted step forward, a strong gut feeling tugging her a step more.

"Are you sure this is where you saw her?" Jasper drawled at a supernatural speed only their enhanced ears could pick up.

Alice blinked out of her precognizant daze, reuniting once again with the present. "She's almost here."

Iris could practically hear the direction of her footsteps. The nomads actions being accounted for by every whisper. A sudden adrenaline washed over her like freezing cold water. She snapped her head towards Emmett, a feral growl rising in her chest. "On your left."

Faster than light itself, they sprinted through the trees. The tall oak blurring past them like a flicker of a candle. Iris being the newly turned picked up speed instantly, her vibrant locks slicing through the air as she weaved towards the front of the group. There was only one person on her mind at that split-second and she was vicious, cunning, and living way too long for the ginger's taste. 

Iris skirted around a bolder at Victoria's last minute change. Her speckled eyes narrowed in on her flying form. Iris pushed herself faster, weaving swiftly under an incoming branch before it touched a hair on her head. "Come on," She sneered, getting closer by the second as her hand reached out to touch the hem of her tarnished blouse.