000

CHAPTER ZERO:

CHAPTER ZERO:

scott was getting a tattoo from downtown and stiles decided to tag along.

scott had passed the tattoo artist a drawing of what he wanted.

"boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture." the tattoo artist said as scott smiled.

"hey, scott, sure you don't want something like this?" stiles asked showing a drawing of a lizard that looked like the kanima.

scott gave stiles a look but he didn't say anything.

"too soon?" stiles said, looking down at the drawing.

"yeah. i don't know, man. are you sure about this? i mean, these things are pretty permanent, you know?" stiles told him.

"i'm not changing my mind." scott replied as the tattoo artist got his stuff set up.

"okay, but why two bands?" stiles asked.

scott was getting a tattoo of two plain black bands on his left arm.

"i just like it." scott replied.

"but don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning, you know, or something?" stiles said.

"getting a tattoo means something." scott replied.

"i don't think that's-" stiles began.

"he's right, tattooing goes back thousands of years. the tahitian word tatua means to leave a mark. like a rite of passage." the tattoo artist spoke up.

"yeah, you see? he gets it." scott said.

"he's covered in tattoos, scott, literally." stiles said.

"okay, you ready?" the tattoo artist asked looking at scott.

scott cleared his throat and nodded his head, while he got comfortable in the chair.

"you ain't got any problems with needles, do you?" he asked. 

"nope." scott replied and the tattoo artist turned it on, going to scotts arm.

"i tend to get a little squeamish though, so..." stiles said  as he looked over at the needle before he fainted.

-

"you okay?" stiles asked scott when they heard him groan. 

"kinda burns." scott said.

"well, you did just get your skin stabbed about 100 thousand times with a needle." stiles said.

"yeah, but i don't think it's supposed to feel like this." scott said and stiles shrugged.