025

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE:

"okay, so what happens to a person who has a near death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" scott asked.

"and is unable to tell what's real or not?" stiles added.

"and is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" allison added.

"they're all locked up because they're insane." isaac replied.

"ha. can you at least try to be helpful, please?" stiles asked him.

"for half my childhood, i was locked in a freezer. so, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me." isaac replied.

"hey, dude, are you still milking that?" stiles asked.

"yesh, maybe i am still milking that." isaac said.

"hi." kira said walking over to their table.

"hi, sorry. i couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about. and i think i actually might know what you're talking about. there's a tibetan word for it. it's called bardo. it literally means in between state. the state between life and death." kira explained.

"and what do they call you?" lydia asked.

"kira. she's in our history class." scott said as kira smiled at him.

"so are you talking bardo in tibetan buddhism or indian?" lydia asked.

"either, i guess. but all the stuff you guys were just saying? all that happens in bardo." kira said sitting beside marcie.

"there are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. some you see, some you just hear. and you can be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities." kira kept explaining.

"wrathful deities? and what are those?" isaac asked.

"like demons." kira replied.

"demons. why not?" stiles said as marcie put her hand on his thigh.

"hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" allison asked.

"death. you die." kira replied.

"great." marcie mumbled.

-

after school, marcie, stiles and scott went to the animal clinic to talk to deaton.