028

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT:

the next day, lydia, marcie, stiles, scott, isaac and allison all went to the preserve to find malia.

"anyone else think we might be doing more harm than good?" lydia asked.

"we're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter." scott said.

"actually, we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote who is actually his daughter, who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter." isaac corrected.

"and again with the not helping." stiles said.

"did you bring it?" scott asked looking over at allison.

allison pulled out her gun and everyone knew that they were ready to find malia.

lydia, allison, isaac and scott heard gunshots and they took off into the woods leaving marcie and stiles behind.

"wait, wait. wait! wait!" stiles shouted.

"why are we always the ones being left behind?" marcie asked letting out a sigh.

-

stiles called his dad and his father told him that the coyote took the doll once again.

"it took the doll again? what the hell is so important about this doll?" stiles asked.

"i don't know. but listen to me, there are traps all over those woods. near the trails. probably near the car crash. and tate's out there with a riffle. i want you to stay out of those woods. you got that? stiles?" his dad said.

"it's the doll." stiles said.

"the doll?" marcie asked.

"stiles?" his dad said.

"it's the doll?" stiles said hanging up the phone.

-

"all right, but why would it go all the way to the school and then all the way back to the house just for a doll? one that was in the car wreck in the first place. we didn't find it in the coyote den." stiles said.

"wait, stiles show me the photo of malia and her sister again." marcie asked.

he pulled out his phone and walked over to her with the picture on the screen.