023

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE:

scott, deucalion, harry and marcie walked to their location, they were at the same spot gerard told scott and allison about.

"you said you had a plan." deucalion said.

"on the first day of class, jennifer sent all of us a message. it was the last line from joseph conards heart of darkness. i got a message of my own to send her." scott said.

scott sent her a video of him behind the symbol of revenge since she'd know where to find them when she saw it.

they waited and jennifer finally showed up with derek beside her.

"derek?" marcie said.

"what are you doing?" scott asked derek.

"this might be hard to believe, but i'm actually trying to help you." derek said.

"ooh, like brother against brother. how very american this is. are you ready, jennifer? hmm? did you gather your herbs? pray to your ancient gods and your oak trees? slit a baby's throat, perhaps? should we show them why you needed to sacrifice, nine innocent people. just to face me? or is it 12 now?" deucalion asked as he shifted and he ran over to attack jennifer.

derek shifted and went to attack deucalion only for him to grab him.

jennifer tried using her powers against him but it didn't work.

harry grabbed marcie and pulled her away from the fight.

marcie knew that they had to wait till the lunar eclipse to stop her.

derek went back to attack him only to get thrown to the side as well as jennifer.

deucalion lifted jennifer and put her down in front of scott.

"kill her. do it." deucalion said letting out a growl which made scott shift.

"now kill her. your parents are dying. that storm you hear, she's burying them alive. it's her connection to the telluric currents. kill her, and it ends." deucalion told him.

"it won't end. not with me. he'll have you kill everyone you love. it's what he does." jennifer said.

"they're dying, scott. your mother and the parents of your best friends. kill her now, and it's over. become the alpha you're meant to be. become a killer." deucalion said.