040

CHAPTER FORTY:

CHAPTER FORTY:

they kept trying to run but again no matter how close they got, stiles got farther away from them.

"stiles is part of your pack." marcie said.

"what? what do you mean?" scott asked her.

"he's human. but he's still part of the pack, right?" marcie asked.

"yeah. yeah, of course." scott replied looking over at stiles and the nogitsune.

"and how do wolves signal their locations to the rest of the pack?" marcie asked scott.

once marcie said that, the nogitsune glared at her. marcie knew that she outsmarted him.

she saw scott changed into a wolf and she saw his glowing red alpha eyes.

"they howl." scott replied.

scott let out the loud howl and marcie noticed the little pieces of their game rattled.

stiles finally looked away from the board and he looked at scott and marcie.

he looked back at the nogitsune and flung the game pieces onto the floor.

the nogitsune shouted loudly causing scott and marcie to finally come back to reality.

-

marcie gasped as scott took his claws away from her neck and she got off the couch and looked at stiles.

"did it work?" scott asked.

"is stiles okay?" marcie asked.

stiles wasn't moving. he had his head down and his eyes were shut.

"why didn't it work?" lydia asked.

"because it's not science, lydia. it's supernatural. i did my part. now give me the name." peter said.

"what name? what are you talking about?" scott asked.

peter grabbed lydia's arm and dragged her into another room.

"lydia, a deal is a deal. even with me." peter said as lydia went up to his ear and whispered the name malia.

stiles shot his head up and it looked like he was choking on something.

he ripped the tape off his mouth and everyone turned around to see him pulling a long piece of string out of his mouth.