022

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:

deaton, isaac and marcie were filling up tubs with ice.

"alright. what did you bring?" deaton asked the three teens.

the three of them had to bring something to represent their parents.

"um, i got my dad's badge. jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so i tried hammering it out a bit. still doesn't look great." stiles said holding up the badge.

"well, it doesn't need to look good if it has meaning." deaton replied.

"is that an actual silver bullet?" isaac asked allison.

"my dad made it. it's kind of a ceremonial thing. when one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the code." allison explained.

"scott?" deaton asked looking over at him.

"my dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital. she used to say it was the only thing in their marriage that ever worked." scott said.

"okay, the three of you will get in. each of us will hold you down until you're essentially.... well, dead. but it's not just someone to hold you under. it needs to be someone who can pull you back, someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether." deaton explained.

marcie and allison looked at each other and smiled.

marcie started to walk over to allison. deaton noticed what she was doing and he spoke up. 

"marcie... you go with stiles." deaton said.

"are you sure? i mean, scott and i both have to go under." allison said but deaton just looked at her and didn't say anything.

everyone looked over at stiles and he looked at marcie nervously.

she just looked back at him and gave him a small smile.

"it's okay." scott said looking at both allison and isaac.

the three of them walked over to the tubs and stood in front of them.

"wait." marcie said making them all turn to her.

marcie grabbed stiles' hand and she pulled him closer to her and kissed him.

they both pulled away and they locked eyes, not caring about the others standing in the room.

"if you don't make it back... i need you to know that i love you." marcie said.