Make it stop ⭐️ Steve (request)

Song: Young The Giant - Mind over Matter.

Imagine: you can hear voices from the dead, they whisper to you and usually they're not this loud.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

'Help is Please...'

You've been hearing that sentence all day long today, 50 at a time. And usually you can handle them pretty good.

But today seems different, today they seem louder than usual. You're in a briefing right now meaning that you're literally trapped and can't go to your usual place to deal with them.

Steve notices something is up, it starts small, your brows furrowed and your eyes one step away from closing.

Then you put your elbows on the table and put your hands through your hair.

'Shut up...' you whisper through gritted teeth.

You try to be subtle but you simply can't.

'Please help...'

'Y/n!, please help!'

Then you rise fro your seat and you rush out, leaving the room silent and confused. Everyone except Steve has no clue why you left in such a hurry.

'I'll go check on her, you just continue...' Steve gets up and goes after you.

'Y/n?' He asks as he walks through the empty part of the facility.

You're sitting on the floor, head in your hands, your body shaking.

'Y/n?'

'Go away!' You snarl.

'There you are...' Steve says as he sits down next to you.

The voices get louder and louder making you cover your ears as you let out a scream.

Steve immediately gets in front of you and tilts your head to look to him.

'Focus on me y/n, focus...'

'I can't they're too loud!, make it stop please!' You scream.

'Damnit look at me y/n!' He puts his hands on your face and you finally look at him.

As you look into his blue eyes the voices seem to fade away in the distance.

You're still catching your breath but you can't stop staring at him, tilting your head in confusion.

How was this man able to make them go away?

'You okay?'

'I am now...' you reply and he nods, sitting down next to you.

'How long?'

'A couple weeks..' you bring your knees up to your chest and you close your eyes.

'Why haven't you told me?, you used to tell me everything...'

'Because I am bothering you with my problems...'

'What makes you say that?' He frowns.

'Because I am...you don't have to solve my own problems...'

'But I want to, you're special to me y/n...'

'The whole team is special to you, doesn't make you everyone's problem solver...'

'You mean a bit more to me than the team to be honest....'

'Why?'

'If I told you I'd have to kill you...'

'Funny Star-spangled man...' you say as you lean your head against his shoulder.

He wraps his arm around your shoulder and the second you get comfortable, you notice how tired you actually are.

'Just rest y/n, I can see how tired you are, it's okay...'

'You're the best you know that?'

'So I've been told...'

'You know, for such a patriot you sure are a cocky son of a bitch...'

You can feel him chuckle and he wraps his hand in your hair, massaging.

You slowly close your eyes.

'Y/n?, you asleep?'

You hum in response and he smiles as he leans his head back on the wall.

'I love you...' he whispers.

You smile in your sleep. You love him too.