Happy endings ⭐️ Steve (request)

Song: Fleetwood Mac - the chain.

Imagine; you're in love with Steve and the whole team knows, so when Steve kisses Sharon you break down completely.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After spending 12 hours hunched up in a car you need air, so when the car stop you're the first to crawl out.

You rush to the side and you start throwing up all the things you ate that day. Car rides are always a tough on you no matter what.

'You okay y/n?' Bucky asks and you nod as you wipe your mouth.

He hands you some water and you down the whole bottle in one go.

'Motion sickness..it's a real botch sometimes...' you chuckle.

'How's my girl doing?' Steve asks and you heart skips a bit with that nickname.

'I'm alrighty...' you sit down and catch your breath.

'You don't look alright...' Sam says.

'Well then stop looking...' you sass back with a smirk.

'There she is again...'

You're back in the car again, waiting together with Bucky and Sam.

'You should really tell him...'

'Enough Samantha, my choices are my choices..'

'He likes you too y'know...' Bucky says and you chuckle.

'Liar...he can never see me as more than a friend and you know it...'

'You two are made for each other...just tell him...'

You look at Steve talking to Sharon. Maybe you should tell him?, even if he doesn't love you back he has the right to know.

I mean the whole team knows so what could go wrong?

Well you're about to find out that life is harsh on those who wait. Because before you know it Steve is kissing Sharon.

Both Sam and Bucky glance at you as you start to stare out of the window, not looking at either of them or the life ruining thing happening right in front of you.

'I'm so sorry y/n...' Sam says and you wave it off.

'It's okay...I just waited too long, guess that's what you get for keeping secrets...' you reply choking up.

'No he's a dumbass...he likes you...not Sharon...'

'It's fine really...I'll get over it...' you quickly wipe away some tears.

Steve walks to the car and gets in.

'Ready?' He asks and you nod avoiding his gaze.

You were on Steve's side in this whole thing, meaning that if you get caught, you get locked up.

But since you got hurt badly in the side, you got to go to sickbay in the avengers facility.

'Your love for Steve got you doing some pretty bad stuff, but this is the most moron thing you've ever done..'

'Just stop right there, I've got enough heartbreak as it is I don't need your scold of disappointment too'

'What do you mean heartbreak?' He asks sitting down.

You sit up and fiddle with your blanket.

'I was gonna tell him, but then...out of nowhere he kissed Sharon right in front of me, oh and just after Bucky told me he felt the same about me...'

'Y/n...'

'No it's fine, I'll get over it...'

'Well that's about time...' your head shoots up and you frown.

'I hate to be the one that breaks it to you but Steve...He will always go for a Carter...that's just the way he is..'

'You're not helping...'

'Y/n...that's the way it is...the sooner you move on the better...he's too high up...'

'Wow Tony thanks, I didn't know this fight got you to think so little of me after all, I guess miracles still exist...'

'Y/n...'

'No just...just go...I don't need to hear it...and I'll be leaving anyway...the team is gone anyway...'

'As soon as you're better you'll get transferred to the prison...'

'I'll save you the trouble and go now...let's go..' you slip off of the bed and Tony tries to stop you.

'Tony just let me go, I don't want to deal with any one of you ever again...just leave me ah-' you wince at the pain in your side.

Tony softly pushes you to sit on the bed again and you flick his hands away.

'Look y/n I'm sorry but-'

'Just go!' You raise your voice and he nods, leaving through the door.

You grab your side and lean forward as you start to cry. Ugly sobs and thick tears.

'Y/n, can I talk to you?' Steve asks as you're packing your bag.

'Not really, I'm just about to leave...' you reply zipping up the bag.

'Yeah about that, why have you been avoiding me?, and the rest of the team?'

You sigh as you turn around, booking the bag on your shoulder.

'Because Steve....the truth is that you hurt me beyond compare and so did Tony, so I'm going away...far away...'

'Did I hurt you?, y/n how did I hurt you?' He asks.

'Really?, see you're too blind to even see that I'm hopelessly in love with you...'

'Shit....y/n I'm so sorry...it just happened..'

'Just save it okay?, I'm over it already...' you say as you walk past him.

'I...Im in love with you too, I'm not into Sharon...'

'Well maybe you should've thought about that before kissing her with everything you've got...' you reply coldly as you walk out of the door.