Choose wisely ⭐️ Steve/ Bucky/ Sam

Song: Sleeping at last - already gone.

Imagine; Steve goes back in time to Peggy after you two have a huge fight, which hurts you more than anything else.

Okay so Steve, he's gonna be kind of a dick in this, but hey, the russo's did it first
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

'SAY IT STEVE!' You order panting.

'I can't say it because it's not true y/n!'

'You haven been stringing me along since the beginning haven't you?, what am I to you?, some kind of distraction?!, a fling?!'

'Of course not doll!' He grabs your hands but you rip them loose again.

'Do not call me that...don't lie to me Steve I saw that look in your eyes...you never looked at me the way you looked at her...and I wouldn't have minded if you hadn't given me hope all this time...' your voice cracks under the emotions.

'I...' he opens his mouth but he can't form a sentence that isn't out to hurt you.

'So one more time, I'm going to ask you one more time to tell me to truth or so help me god...'

'You're right...you're...a distraction... a fling if you will...that's what you want me to say right?'

You furrow your brows as you look him in the eyes. Tears threatening to run over.

'Is this some sort of game to you?'

'No...and I can't tell you what you want to hear because it's not true...I'm not stringing you along y/n...I love you and you're right about me looking differently at Peggy...but that is because I....I can't explain it...'

You and Steve never had an argument this bad, but the fact that you saw the way he looked at Peggy when you were back in 1970, it wasn't really helping.

He has never looked at you that way and it makes you wonder if he even truly loves you or if you're just a distraction. But of course Steve would never admit it.

Of course you hope he truly is in love with you just as much as you are with him, but your guts tell you a different story.

So when you get in the bed that evening you lay down and silently let out a few tears. Even though Steve says he's honest you can tell by his body language that he isn't, you're a trained spy, you notice things like that oh so easily.

As he gets into the bed he thinks about what he said. He's laying with his back facing you and you lay with your back facing him.

He can't keep lying to you when you're right, he does love you but not like he loves Peggy. So he asks if you're awake, you reply with a hum and before he knows it he has said it.

'You're right.'

You know exactly what he's referring to and you sit up and rush out of the room. Just like he expected. He doesn't even look at you rushing out.

You rush back to your old room and slam the door, probably waking some people up.

Steve flinches when he hears the door slam, the force behind it shows just how angry you are. He could've prevented it but he didn't.

'What happened last night?, I heard a door slam?' Bucky asks.

'Now is not the time to talk about it...' you quietly answer Bucky.

Bucky looks at Steve with a very angry glare, you are close friends with Bucky so of course he's and at Steve for hurting you.

'Okay going quantum, see you in 5 seconds...' Bruce tells Steve and he nods.

Bucky knows Steve will go back in time for Peggy, but he doesn't have the heart to tell you and besides, he thinks you're angry at Steve because he probably did tell you already and that's why you're mad.

So when after five seconds he isn't on that glass plate, Bucky looks at the water and sees him sitting on the bench. He calls out to Sam hoping to not get your attention but it does.

Your eyes fill with tears as you look at an older Steve sitting there. And then you finally complete the puzzle, of course he went back for Peggy.

You bite your lip as you try to stay strong, you take a couple steps back before you turn around and walk away.

Bucky grabs your arm, wanting to comfort you but when he sees the tears running down your face and your pained expression, he lets go.

You storm off, into the compound. You bump into several avengers. All try to stop you, one actually does, pulling you to the side. It was Natasha.

(Yes both Tony and Nat are alive)

'What's going on?' She asks worried, she has never seen you so hurt before.

'Why don't you go and ask Steve, I bet he doesn't keep secrets from anyone except for me!' You reply.

'Steve?...y/n what's going on?!'

'First he lies to be saying that he didn't string me along, last night he finally admitted he did, I wasted my fucking time on him, and then he went back for Peggy, he again lied about being over her too, I could've been happy all along but no he just had to waste my time...after everything I've done for him, hell I needed to hide for a few years because I helped him!, I even was out there just now to support him and he still....he still...he..' you stop talking and begin crying again.

Natasha pulls you into a hug and you cry on her shoulder.

You gave Steve every minute of your time and still he treated you like you're just some throwaway.

You were right all along.