Words hurt ⭐️ Tony (request)

Song: Avicii - without you ft. Sandro Cavazza.

Imagine: you and Tony can't get along but after some time you start to fall for him, until he says something that actually hurts you.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tony and you never really got along, you worked together but not without the occasional insults being thrown at each other's head.

Tony didn't trust you very much, he had seen you using your power, it scared him a bit. You can literally control a person order them to do things, control their bodies.

You have struggled with this for a long time before finally controlling it. You had one secret that you never wanted anyone to find out about. But somehow Tony made it his lifelong mission to find something that would get you off the team.

And now that he found the secret, he was gonna use it.

'Hey y/n...have you-'

'Kept any secrets for us?' Tony interrupts Steve and your eyes bore into his.

You don't answer which makes Tony even more amused than he already lets on.

'Have you ever ordered anyone to walk off a cliff?' He asks and you purse your lips.

'No I haven't, you would be the first Stark...' you grit your teeth.

'Really?, Hmm, and have you ordered anyone else to do horrible things?, let's say little kids?, innocent people?' He adds and your eyes widen. He knows.

He knows about Hydra making you order innocent people and little kids to kill themselves in front of you, even your own family. The one thing you didn't want anyone to know.

'Y/n what is he talking about?' Steve turns to you and you swallow.

'Don't you dare...I don't do that anymore and you know that...'

'Do what?' Natasha now turns to you and Tony just smirks more and more.

'Why don't you tell the team what you used to do before all of this?, before Fury trained you?'

'Stark..' you warn him as you set your nails in the leather couch.

'You're not as innocent as you look...How could you let a mother kill her own kids?'

Your hearts sinks to your stomach and you don't know how to react but to be mad at him.

'I didn't have a choice!'

'Everyone has a choice...'

You stand up and you try to go over to Tony to seriously hurt him. Steve grabs you by the arm and stops you.

'You seriously want me off the team that bad?!, you could've just said so without bringing this up!'

'They have the right to know...'

'And I have the right to forget about my past!, they made me do those things!, some of the things that they made me do still haunt me!, I can barely sleep!' You yell angry and you rip yourself loose from Steve.

'You know...I'll get my resignation ready for tomorrow, thanks Tony...' you storm out of the room and a couple seconds later your door slams closed and you slide down against it.

A few days later you're still stuck in your room, the resignation letter laying printed out on your bed while you're staring at it.

Tears stream down your face but there are no sobs coming out. Just tears.

You had fallen for him and now. Now you know that was a huge mistake that actually was. He hurt you and now you're ready to leave the only family you ever had.

Then there's a knock on the door, you don't feel like answering so you just stay quiet.

'Please let me in y/n I know you can hear me..' Tony says and you scoff.

'Now I'm definitely keeping the door closed and locked...'

'Friday unlock the door...' he says and he opens the door.

'What do you want Tony?' You ask wiping your cheeks.

'I don't want you to leave...' he replies as he closes the door behind him.

'Now you don't want me to leave?!, how about three days ago you ruined my life remember?' You reply.

'I'm sorry...'

'Oh no that's supposed to make up for the fact that you just made a teammate resign on their own...'

'It was wrong and I know and i thought with that my feelings would go away cause honestly I'm terrified because I've fallen in love with you and I was hoping the feelings would just go away but they won't!'

Your eyes widen and you look around the room trying to process what Tony just said.

'You what?' You ask. Not angry, not sad but just surprised.

'I've fallen for you y/n...and I don't want you to go...' he admits and you slide off of the bed and walk to him.

'That stunt you pulled was not okay...'

'I know, it's noted...'

'Good...because I have to admit that I like you too...'

'So it's safe to say that the letter is going to be burned?' He asks and you nod.

'If the team still wants me...'

'Oh they do...they like you too much to let you go...' Tony grins.

'So what now?, I have no idea how these things work...'

'Let me show you...' he pulls you against him and leans down, planting his lips on yours while his hand moves to the nape of your neck.