Ch. 2: A New Transfer Student

Third PoV

Just before the Entrance Ceremony.....

"How dare he!!! Taking such a commanding tone with me..." Erina said.

She walked up to the wall and punched it, only for her hand to hurt.

"You okay, Nee-chan?" Akio asked holding her hand that was hurt.

Erina looked like she was in tears, so Akio thought that she was hurt.

"Wah~ don't cry Nee-chan!~" Akio begged.

Erina stood up. She went to a telephone and talked, "Hello? This is Erina. Please connect me with my grandfather, the dean of the institute. About today's transfer exam... of all the applicants..... Zero qualified."

Now at the Entrance Ceremony....

"Now we will present the class valedictorians. First-year, Erina Nakiri and Akio Nakiri." The woman announced.

Erina and Akio stands up and walks up to the lady.

"Here, ma'am." Erina says.

"Right here." Akio says.

From the crowd you can hear students whispering.

"Ahh, Erina-sama is elegant as usual."

"Uwah, Akio is handsome and cute."

"They're both perfect and the class valedictorian. They're the perfect elite."

"I wouldn't mind going on a date with her."

"If I did I'll die happy."

"But Akio is fine also."

"Bet he looks cute if he wore girl clothes."

"SHH! Don't say stuff like that you idiots! Do you wanna die?"

"And now for the Dean's address." The woman announces.

"Do you realize you're talking about the granddaughter and grandson of the undisputed don of the food mafia!"

Senzaemon Nakiri. Dean of the Totsuki Culinary Institute.

"Everyone. Congratulations on your advancement to high school." Senzaemon smiles.

Akio smiles too, probably knowing that he was in a good mood. Senzaemon explains about the 99 percent of students will be nothing and only 1 percent will be like diamonds and such. Akio already knows what Senzaemon was going to say since it wasn't his first time hearing it.

The crowds starts to yell, 'yeah' and something like that. Akio looks at Erina knowing what she was thinking. Akio looks down a bit sad but tried not to show it.

"In closing... a few words from a student representative of this year's transfer class." Senzaemon announces.

Akio sat up straight from hearing this. He took a peek at Erina and saw that she was worried but tried to convince herself that it was some other transfer exam.

"Wow, uh.. It's real high up here, ain't it? ahaha... So um a keynote address? Me? Geez, do I have to? I always feel awkward up on stage.." A male voice said.

Some people shouted, "Hurry up and give your speech!!"

"Okay, okay. I'll keep it brief, then."

Erina looked up to see who it was only to see.... Soma Yukihira. Akio face brightened up a little bit but knowing Erina he tried to keep it in.

Soma Yukihira. Confident, irritating, care free... This is what Akio has to think to keep his posture.

Soma Yukihira introduces himself, lastly saying as he bows, "Oh! I hope we all get along for the next three years." It was quiet but loud enough for others to hear.