Ch. 29: New Instructor's Offer

As Akio, Yukihira, Tadokoro and Erina were walking down the hallway, Erina was calling Alice about her report but Alice only said that there's no Cuisiner Noirs so they're just chilling and having their vacation. Erina was yelling through the phone.

"It's been weeks since that phone call with Saiba-sama. We haven't been able to reach him since. And, most importantly... we still have absolutely idea who the other "Saiba" fellow is. A vexing state of affairs, to be sure." Erina looks deep into her thoughts.

"I mean, this is my father we're talking about, here. If you let yourself get caught up in every detail, you'll go loony." Yukihira chuckles and had a smile on his face.

"That doesn't mean we can chuckle and shrug our way through this! My word, how are you always so..." Before Erina can finish her sentence, she got a phone call.

"My apologize, Erina-sama. I just wanted to let you know that the new lecturer has arrived." Hisako says on the other side of the phone.

"Ah! That's right, he was due today, wasn't he? Very well. Show him in."

"Lecturer?" Both Akio and Yukihira asks.

"I've invited a lecturer to come take over a Totsuki class. There were quite a few classes that were actually taught by the Elite Ten members, remember? Like Tsukasa-San. Under fathe- under the Azami Administration, many staff members were replaced. Anyway, to fill those posts, I've been asking former staff members to return, or recruiting staff members from the Totsuki resort for temporary appointments. And I've invited outsiders with suitably strong experience to join, too." Erina explains.

Akio's eyes went sharp, thinking about what his sister said. 'I understand that she said we have to get new lecturers but... Is it okay after the Cuisiners Noirs incidents have happened just a few days ago? Can we trust this lecturer?' Akio begins to touch his earring.

Then Erina spoke, "Sorry, I have to go now. I still have to do some work to do. If something happens, come and tell me."

"It's okay, Nee-chan. Just don't work yourself too hard." Akio immediately stops touching his earring.

"Yeah, I won't. You be careful too." Erina smiles at Akio.

As Erina left the three, they continued walking down the hallway and then outside.

"Sheesh. This sucks. We don't have a single lead on this Saiba guy. Which means we can't make any moves against him." Yukihira sighs.

"Come to think of it, Monarch-san said something about that, didn't he?"

"It's quite common for Noirs that have just finished big jobs to lay low or travel abroad for a time. For example, that was the reason I first came to Japan!" The foreign man points at himself with a smile. "And if the Noir in question is particularly skilled, it's quite likely that they have back-alley connections that allow them to freely come and go from countless countries and institutions. On top of all that, people of out ilk tend to be good at leaving no trace and disguising themselves. It may well be that Saiba has come to Japan under our noses." The foreigner said with a more serious face expression.

"Hmph. If that's actually the case, I wish he'd come out and show himself." Akio sighs with a small pout.

"I sure hope he just pops out of a bush or something for us. Or disguised himself as a lecturer!" Yukihira laughs.

"Don't jinx it..." Akio says quietly. "But.. Are you okay, Yukihira?"

"Hm?"

"I'm... We're worried." Akio says as he refers to himself and Tadokoro who's worried.