Ch. 13: Selected from the Autumn Selection

Third PoV

At a certain meeting, gathers 11 people.

"This student's participation in the election should be reconsidered!!" Erina declares.

They look at the paper with a certain student on it. Red hair, yellow eyes, and a scar on his left eyebrow. Akio had bored eyes like he was going asleep.

"But we already approved of him the other day."

"NO! His behavior is problematic! He is not suitable for such a prestigious gourmet festival!!" Erina say.

"Nakiri-kun, your opinion about cuisine is always correct but I can't help but feel that you become irrational where Soma-kun is concerned. Did something happen between the two of you? For example.. something personal?" Isshiki asked.

"! Not really.. I just think he isn't qualified.. Isshiki-san.. How about you? Aren't you trying to give a preferential treatment to your dorm junior?" Erina looks at Isshiki.

"Fufu.. Not at all." Isshiki smiles.

They both had sparks in their eyes like they were mentally fighting with each other.

"Soma Yukihira.. He seems like an interesting guy. I support him." Eizan says.

This shocks Erina but she doesn't say anything.

"He certainly hasn't achieved much in the academy, seeing as it hasn't been long since he entered Totsuki. Still, he completed his 200 meals with some last-minute quick thinking.. He scored highly on his first day assignment, too. Wouldn't such an unconventional ingredient be the perfect thing to liven up the festival? I don't know what you're complaining about." Eizan looks at Erina specifically.

Akio here, did not say anything but listens to what everyone has to say.

"The first years this year.. are quite the individuals, huh?"

"Yeah.. They certainly are the cream of the crop."

"...Alright. Well then, let's settle on these."

A few days later, the closing ceremony was held. The first term's report cards were handed out, and, though everyone was filled with anticipation for summer vacation, it has another meaning at Totsuki Academy. That day.. The participants for the "Autumn Selection" were officially announced!

Akio was alone in the hallways. He looks outside, watching the first years celebrating about getting in. He opens the window and leans on it. He smirks knowing that it'll be interesting but his face drops knowing what is happening. Akio sighs and walks away, trying find something to do.

"Eh? Nakiri's not participating in the selection?" Yukihira asks Alice.

"That's right. That Totsuki Elite Ten is in charge of the "Autumn Selection" every year. In other words, Erina is one the festival's organizers. Ah.. It will be a while before I can confront Erina.." Alice explains but pouts.

"What about Akio? I don't see his name." Yukihira asked.

"Hm.. That's strange. Akio-chan is very good at cooking, so how is he not selected..?" Alice looks confused.

"Well, Akio-chan is probably more mysterious than Erina, herself. Even though Akio-chan is younger.." Alice sighs.

Yukihira felt an uneasy feeling after hearing that but tries to ignore it.

"Yukihira-kun, do you remember what I said on my way out, after the 200 meals?" Alice asks.

'I'm waiting expectantly for the moment I personally get to defeat you.'