Ch. 10: Last Day of Hell

Third PoV

Akio spaces out while Erina wakes up. Akio hears Erina getting up and turns his head to her.

"Good morning, Nee-chan..." Akio greets Erina, sounding tired.

"A-Akio.. Don't tell me you stayed up late.." Erina surprised seeing Akio with bags under his eyes.

"I'm fine~. Don't worry about me. We should get ready for today. I feel bad for those who stayed up late trying a recipe for today." Akio says, stretching and getting up from his bed.

The announcement turns on, "Good morning, everyone! Preparations for judging will now begin."

Akio smiles, going to the bathroom and getting ready there. Erina gets ready and knocks on the door.

"Hurry!" Erina says.

"Kay~!" Akio says opening the door.

Erina looks closer at Akio's face. Then she hurries in the bathroom, getting ready quickly. Akio waits for Erina and rubs his eyes. Erina gets out of the bathroom.

"Okay, let's go!" Erina says opening the door.

Akio follows behind. By the time they got there, there was a line. Everybody was getting a piece of paper that assigned them to one of the many dining halls. Akio and Erina gets a piece of paper, both going to Hall A. Akio brightly tells Erina, which Erina laughs to. But Akio tells Erina that they aren't next to each other. Akio goes to his kitchen. Akio quickly sets up the things he need. Just when Akio was about finish, he heard a clatter. He looks to the direction to where it was and it was where is sister, Erina, was at. Akio sees Erina and Yukihira together, Erina glaring at Yukihira and Yukihira laughing. Akio curiously looks at them but quickly looks away, putting his final things down. When he was done, he looks to who his 'neighbor' will be. He looks and saw girl. She had pigtails, colored pink. Akio, tilts his head.

'I hope she won't do anything weird..' Akio thinks.

The girl jumps, noticing that Akio was look at her. She turns pink like her hair.

'A-Akio-sama is looking at me!! Yes! This is my time to prove my skills to him! I should introduce myself!' She looked determine but was still blushing.

"H-Hello, my name is-"

"Is everyone ready to present your dishes? Good. Now I will explain the conditions for passing. First, let me introduce the judges!" Dojima starts off.

Akio looks at the people, his face turning serious. Dojima continues talking.

"These are the families of the producers who partnered with Totsuki resort hotels to provide all of our ingredients. They are courteous enough to serve as our judges for this assignment every year. This year's theme of "Fresh and Surprising Eggs" has already been conveyed to them. We expect they will be the exacting judges they always are."

"Oho ho ho! And we've had plenty of practice. So be warned, children. We're no old fools who'll latch on to any dish not up to snuff!" An old man said.

The three of them had an aura that showed that they were some real deal. Akio looks carefully at the judges and people around them.

"Also joining us as judges today are the chefs and service staff of the Totsuki Resort Hotel." Dojima explains.

Once they came in, the judges seems to have a shining aura. Akio looks satisfied with how many judges there are. Seeing people that are all different ages and sizes, made Akio think that he would finish faster. Akio stops listening to Dojima, getting his ingredients out.