Ch. 26: Before The Battle Begins

"The meeting spot for deciding the rules.. is here?" Yukihira asks as everyone is standing outside and freezing.

"You see, this isn't normally used station stop... In short, it's an abandoned station. For the sake of this meeting, we've specially extended the moonshadow here as there was no where else we could arrange." Shawn explained.

"So, where're all my opponents?" Yukihira asks.

"Ah.. They've come down already."

Everyone looks up the mountain and Azami and some of Central were all skiing or sliding down the mountain.

"Oh dear. The nearest heliport was at the top of this mountain. Rather that take a car, this was the faster route."

"Saito-san, Akanegakubo-kun and the rest will soon be arriving." Shawn explained.

"Is that so.. well then... Allow us to keep this short. For efficiency's sake, let's have a standing meeting."

After a short while, everyone was there. Akio looks around, shivering. He was standing on the side of the Rebels.

"Now then, Kinokuni. Please read aloud the details of the battle, beginning with the date." Azami asks Nene.

"Yes sir. The sixth exam will be carried out in one month. There will be a battle stage specially installed for the regimental shokugeki on the southern tip of Rebun Island. We are planning to build a stadium where the ordinary students who are still currently in the midst of making their way north as part of promotion exams can spectate the event." Nene explained.

"Hmm... So you're making a spectacle of it." Yukihira said.

"Yeah... To show them all how you plan on breaking us Rebels." Takumi says as he crosses his arms.

"Understood... Now then, within that stadium, the side that wins... will take all of the Elite Ten Seats." Senzaemon announces.

"No objections. Also, let us not make any special limits on how many can participate. That's one of the special features of the regimental Shokugeki. After all, Saiba-senpai once took on 50 people. For exampled, should you all have supporters, I wouldn't mind if you brought 50, no, 100 to the battle. It must be difficult since almost all of the rebels have been expelled." Azami says.

"... You sure are in good spirits, Azami. You better not forget what you bet on this match. If Yukihira and them win and are appointed to the Elite Ten, YOu'll be ousted as Headmaster... Just like how you retired Senzaemon-dono. Your pipe dream of exterminating the restaurants that serve "fodder" will also vanish. Central will be disbanded... And this "Revolution" you've attempted will be completely wiped clean." Dojima says to Azami.

All Azami did was smile, "If we win though, all of the Rebels will be expelled. Then all the obstacles trying to overthrow my organization will be completely removed. Moreover, Saiba-senpai will become one of my soldiers and as bonus I'll extinguish that blight of a diner of his. There's nothing that could make me happier."

"Sorry for interrupting, but the only thing we have on out minds right now is to bring back our comrades. That's why we're in this shokugeki!" Takumi yells.

"That's right! You better not forget about that!" Yukihira yells also.

"I know." Azami takes out a bunch of student ID cards from his coat. "Since they're no longer students of Totsuki, they don't need these anymore. I made sure to collect them back."

"They are a symbol of returning to Totsuki... In essence, these ID's can also be called the lives of the expelled." Saito says and then grabs Momo's Bucchi.