Ch. 37: Last of BLUE Tournament

"There he is!"

"Asahi!"

"It's Saiba Asahi!"

"Win this nect one too!"

"Go wild!"

"Show us that cross knives!"

"The crown of BLUE is all yours!"

The spectators shouted from the crowd.

"All of the spectators... Are rooting for Asahi-san!" Tadokoro says.

"I guess the rumors have gotten around." Izumi says.

Up inside the building, Mana watches the screen. Akio was sitting next to Mana. Mana was watching with a smile but also a bored look of her face while Akio looks at the screen with a serious face.

"My bad. Didn't mean to take over the atomosphere like that. Has it got you down?" Asahi asks Soma.

"Nah. I don't really care." Soma answers back.

"That's so awesome! He's climbed his way up to a match with Asahi!"

"Yukihira! We're heeeree!"

"The hell's with this mood!? Time to change things up!"

"Yeah!"

"Who would have thought that spectator tickets for BLUE would be this hard to get.."

"Seriously! We wanted to come support Megumi and Takumi's matches too!"

"Get'em Yukihira!"

The students from the Polar Star Dorm arrived along with Ikumi. In a distance, Dojima, Senzaemon, and Joichiro Saiba was there.

"A fateful clash. Joichiro's son versus his former disciple. And to think that the entire tournament is in the hands of the Nakiri clan..." Dojima says.

"Seriously, though! Who'd have thought that the boss of the WGO was Senzaemon-dono's daughter?! That surprised me for sure!" Saiba says, laughing.

"You're the last one I want to hear that from. Do you have any idea how much of a headache all that Saiba stuff gave me?!" Dojima tells Joichiro.

"Yeah. Sorry for not telling y'all sooner."

"You don't seem very sorry!"

Saiba turns over, looking at Asahi. "This'll be our first time meeting in Japan. Asahi."

Asahi made eye contact with Saiba before looking away, putting his hat on. "Now, then. Sorry for doing this after everyone's come out to watch, but... I'm going to have to make you look like a fool, Yukihira-kun. Whose knife do you think this is?" He pulls out a knife, showing Yukihira and answers. "Joichiro Saiba's."

"He beat... Joichiro-san?!" The students from the Polar Star Dorm, along a few others were surprised.

"Yes... With this knife and another, and the multiplicative power of cross knives! Too bad. I know you wanted to surpass your father, but... Because I have the power of Saiba, it looks like I got there before you. Be honored! I will beat you with the upgraded version of your own knife... The one to defeated Joichiro! By the way... It seems you care a great deal about prince Akio. Look at the situation you'rein. This isn't the time to be distracted, you know."

"Distracted? You're joking. I've got my eyes on only one thing. To be honest,I'm glad you've got my dad's knife! Because of that, this fight is now also my chance to surpass my father! With this knife! My own!" Soma says, grabbing out his own knife.

"My, my. IT seems these youngsters are quite fired up. Very good. Very good! That spirit is what I know will bring about "A dish that's never before existed on this Earth!" I must simply must watch these boys' fire. With a worthy theme! In this world, there are a set of disciplines known as the five great cuisines. Opinions differ as to which five those are, but... French cuisine, Chinese cuisine, Turkish cuisine, Insian cuisine, and Italian cuisine. These five genres have at least been very influential in cooking. Now, then, in this battle, you must prepare... All five. Use any ingredients! You have 180 minutes! Condense the five great cuisines into one dish! And bring forth the ultimate in gourmet fare! That is your task!" Mana smiles as she says this.