Ch. 16: The Stagiaire

Third Pov

Everyone is packing up and getting ready for the Stagiaire. At the station, Akio is waiting for the train to come. As he waits, he pulls out a paper and reads it.

It reads, "There are many places where you'll be sent alone, but depending on the situation, many students may have to work together. In that case you should meet on-site with the other members."

When he looked up, he saw the train coming. When the train stopped, Akio remembers that it was busy hours so people were pushing and shoving to get on and off the train.

'Holy crap! I forgot it was busy hours. I can't be late!'  Akio then forced himself in the train.

Finally, the train started to move. Akio left out a big breath. But he was still squished between the people, so Akio had a hard time breathing throughout the whole train-ride.

When Akio got to his stop, he took his stuff and got out of the train. He looked around to find his next 'stage' and asked some people where his 'stage' is at. After getting the direction, he walked to the place. The restaurant he was assigned to was a French restaurant named, Prendre Plaisir.

(This is obviously a fake name, but it means Enjoy in French, I think. It's obvious that I do not know French but if it's wrong please help correct me)

He looked up and looked back at his paper. 'Is this it? My performance will be about a week, I hope it'll give me a wonderful result.' Akio thought with a little smirk.

When he first entered the restaurant, you can hear lots of yelling. Anybody can tell that this restaurant didn't have much costumers but they have enough to keep the restaurant going. Akio just stood around, waiting patiently. There was a head chef, two chefs, and one waitress. They looked like a family, since they all looked very similar but also very different. Akio can tell that the head chef was the grandfather of this family, the two chefs are probably brothers, if not brothers, then maybe cousins, then there is the waitress, she is probably the sister.

As they were all yelling at each other, Akio suddenly felt frustrated so he slammed his fist against the front desk. That loud 'thud!' caught their attention. Luckily, there wasn't any customers present. The head chef, Leonard, glared at him.

"Who are you!? Thinking you can just come into my restaurant like you own this place!?" He yelled.

The waitress, Hina, yelled at Leonard, "Grandpa! He's from Totsuki, He was assigned to help us!"

Leonard paused for a moment, only to get closer to Akio, observing him. Akio got stiff because Leonard was so close to Akio, that Akio automatically became still. Leonard looked away, his arms crossed.

"We don't need this skinny kid, just cause he think he is so handsome, he actually thinks we need help." Leonard turn his back on Akio.

"Oh? The old man just called someone we don't even know, skinny." One of the chef, Katsuro, snickered.

"Obviously, who wouldn't want some pretty boy to show up only to take the spotlight from us." The other chef, Kichirou, shrugged with a smug face.

Hearing this, Akio immediately got pissed off by this French old man, and the half-blooded Japanese siblings. Akio quickly went into the kitchen and cooked something for those four relatives. It took awhile but Akio still came to give them something that was on their menu. It was 'Chicken in White Wine Sauce'. They all eyed the dish and looked at Akio.

"What is this?" Katsuro asked.

"It's obvious that this is Chicken in White Wine Sauce, you idiot!" Leonard yelled, smacking the back of Katsuro's head.